Dead or Alive 4

cryptkeeper

Spaceman
About time it was released. They did a very good job on the game. It looks great on hdtv. I would say this is the best installment of the series thus far. I cant wait to try out the game on xbox live. Oh yes, its fast, super fast!

I got mine today, but I can't play it yet. :( Everyone else is showing up on Live with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's great. I really suck at it but it just looks and plays so nice that I don't really care about getting my ass kicked for hours.

It's also amazing how every movie ending for the female characters involves them dancing around getting dressed or having their clothes disintegrate.

Sounds like it's a pretty good game...I need to get it sometime. I need something that is fun to play online...all I've been playing is Call of Duty which is plagued with lag and without any customizable options (i.e. can't play it with your friends? What idiot thought that would be a great idea?).

Cross-continuity fighting games have always been awkward for me -- I don't want to think about why Pikachu is fighting a Super Mario Brother. The same goes for a Halo Robot and a topless chick.

Maj.Striker said:
Sounds like it's a pretty good game...I need to get it sometime. I need something that is fun to play online...all I've been playing is Call of Duty which is plagued with lag and without any customizable options (i.e. can't play it with your friends? What idiot thought that would be a great idea?).

The general thing about Call of Duty is that it has the best 360 launch lineup single player experience, and pretty much the worst multiplayer one. Perfect Dark is mainly where it's at for multiplayer, but I just prefer Halo 2 until some more exciting stuff comes along. DOA has some sort of lobby thing though where a bunch of people hang out and "line up" to fight like in an arcade. That sounds like a pretty cool thing to try with a few friends.

ChrisReid said:
The general thing about Call of Duty is that it has the best 360 launch lineup single player experience, and pretty much the worst multiplayer one. Perfect Dark is mainly where it's at for multiplayer, but I just prefer Halo 2 until some more exciting stuff comes along. DOA has some sort of lobby thing though where a bunch of people hang out and "line up" to fight like in an arcade. That sounds like a pretty cool thing to try with a few friends.

Yeah, Perfect Dark is great as far as options and customizable online gaming experience and up to 32 player games. Which is why I was so astounded to find out that Call of Duty was limited to 8 players and virtually no gaming options. As far as multiplayer combat (actual in game combat I mean), Call of Duty really shines. Very well balanced, great physics (i.e. running speed etc), it's great for that but not being able to play with your friends really sinks it. You're right, Halo 2 has got it pretty much perfect as far as online playing, I need to play that again.

I'm pretty sure that the option to play with friends is just really stupidly awkward to initiate in Call of Duty. I've heard of people doing it. You have to start some game and then manually invite them. Other games have been similar, but since Halo 2's party and matchmaking systems were implemented so damn well, going back is pretty awful.

DOA4's on sale at Fry's for $49.99 for anyone near one. Good through Tuesday.

I have run into a bug in dead or alive 4. If I shutdown my system while the game is running by holding the center x down on my wireless controller. The system is not able to boot up by use of the wireless controller. Not the media remote, it still works. This problem occurs ramdomly.

If you are useing wireless controllers, I suggest quiting back to the dash board. Then turning of the console from there. That should keep you clear of this little problem for the time being.

I have had no other problems out of any other games.

No bug in dead or alive 4

Im sorry it appeared at first under dead or alive 4. Now this is happening often no matter what game is in drive running. It appears my 360 is haveing some issues.

ChrisReid said:
I'm pretty sure that the option to play with friends is just really stupidly awkward to initiate in Call of Duty. I've heard of people doing it. You have to start some game and then manually invite them. Other games have been similar, but since Halo 2's party and matchmaking systems were implemented so damn well, going back is pretty awful.

DOA4's on sale at Fry's for $49.99 for anyone near one. Good through Tuesday.

Wow, that is awkward. I hadn't tried that since I don't know more than like three people that actually have Call of Duty 2 but yeah, compared to Halo's fantastic party system anything less is like stepping back in time...a much more clumsy period of time.

COD2 is great if you have like... six people in your game. Usually I don't get lag attacked then. I always get slaughtered by snipers though :(.

I've found I get horrible lag more times than not online. As soon as it starts lagging up I go ahead and quit and find a new game because it never clears up unless like 4 or 5 people drop out leaving only two or so behind. I've noticed however everytime I get lag in a game session it's always the team that is losing that has the host (i.e. the host is on the losing team and suddenly goes on a rampage because we're all lagging out trying to walk around and he just goes around capping everyone). Perhaps that's just a coincidence but it seems a tad suspect to me. Anyway, I still play COD on line because the actual multiplayer gameplay is fantastic. Also quick update on my xboxlive gamer tag, I've now been able to reactivate my original account. I'm Major Striker on xboxlive if you want to send me another friend invite, Mav. :)

ace said:
Yeah, it's great. I really suck at it but it just looks and plays so nice that I don't really care about getting my ass kicked for hours.

It's also amazing how every movie ending for the female characters involves them dancing around getting dressed or having their clothes disintegrate.

thats amazing? hows bout them japanese anyways?
i mean they have another game with GFX near DoA2 that fightin your opponent, the whole purpose is to knock her clothes off, go fig eh?
sry, that spiked into my skull and i had to mention it with that last sentance of yers :p
in fact theres 2 of'em.. but the first one wasn't as polished as the second, i'm wierd i know, digging through Japans lesser known games can be a trip though.

i love the DoA series of fighting games, hated the way Mortal Kombat ended up where in order to do anything you had to execute a mile long combo, DoA has short and long combos with fast and beautiful results on either, and dependant on the situation may have other effects as well :p
i want 4 but don't have a 360 yet, and won't till i get home from Japan.... bah....

I like Soul calibur a lot better. 3 Stellar games. After playing DoA2 on the DC, I never wanted to play DOA again...

I only played Soul Calibur 2, and that was just for a Link. Well I should say I bought it for Link, but then having played it found it an awesome title, and I usually hate fighting games. Maybe it's the weapons that do it for me. :)

Got my xbox back today, so ace and I did a bunch of DOA online. It's got a really neat lobby. People customize characters there and you customize this room. People link up and launch into battles, and I think they show up on a tv in the room for people standing by to watch. There's a lot of really nice little touches. The Halo soldier ace unlocked looks incredible.

Back