Ctd

Bull4330

Spaceman
Hey all,

First off, I just want to say this an amazing mod! I've always loved the classic WC look and this really brings back memories. I'm running into a problem though, I'm playing the Destroyer/Carrier raid in episode 3 (I think) and can't quite pull off the mission. The bombers always get themselves blownup, so that pretty much ended that. Anyway, after several attempts, I decided to let it go and just head back to the Firraka. When I get back to the fleet and line up to land, the game crashes! This has happened at least three time now, anyone else run into this problem?

-Bull

What exactly happens when it crashes? Does it freeze? crash to desktop? etc.

What are your system specs as well? Especially Graphics card.

The game just crashes to desktop with a generic error message. My graphics card is a NIVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. It's not the top of the line, I got it maybe a year ago, but I've never had a problem running any programs on it before.

Hmm, strange. If it is something you can reproduce every time you perform the same actions during the mission, it sounds like a mission bug... but mission bugs produce very specific error messages instead of the generic windows crash messages.

It happens everytime I finish the mission and am about to land. I assume some "failed mission" message is about to be sent before I land, but the game crashes instead.

What's the error message you get? and does it happen if you launch and then eject instantly? Does it only happen when you have done the mission and are about to land?

It happens everytime I'm about to land. Last time I tried, I got as far as the landing cutscene before the game crashed. I havn't tried ejecting, but I'll give that a go next time... it's just getting a little frustarting at this point.

OK, so I just tried bailing out as soon as I leave the Firakka. I got picked up... by a Gothri... so I guess ejecting isn't an option in this mission.

Back