Crusader Movie Coming Soon (April 1, 2007)

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
Soon Wing Commander won't be the only Origin-created property to get the hollywood treatment - Crusader will be making the transition to the silver screen courtesy of Uwe Boll. The German director is famous for creating movies based on games, and even now is currently working on Dungeon Siege, Postal, and Far Cry movies. Crusader started life in the mid-90s as a third person isometric shooter for the PC, and centered on a main character known as a Silencer and his fight against a corrupt World Economic Consortium. Uwe had this to say on his website:
I'm really excited about being able to work on a Crusader movie. I had originally wanted to make a movie based around the exploits of the Boba Fett character, but George Lucas gave me hell. Then I remembered this game I used to play with an identical character and decided to make a movie on that. We're going to try and get someone heroic like Matthew Lillard to play the Bounty Hunter and he'll be fighting some very cool monsters. In the games you were always fighting robots, robots, robots, and so I said enough! The fans want to see beautiful women, so we are hiring many beautiful prostitutes to play the aliens. You will see, this will be the biggest thing yet.
The movie, provisionally titled Crusader: No Shame, is slated for release in early 2009.

--
Original update published on April 1, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
How does that guy keep getting movies? Thanks to him like 3 of the top 10 worst movies of all time are video game movies. It makes me sad.

That guy is so terrible that I'm almost on the verge of thinking he's just a genius who is purposefully getting it wrong. Almost.

I swear, if I hadn't realized this was an april fools prank, I would be halfway to germany with a copy of Crusader: No Regret sharpenend into a shank right now.

Got me

Hehe, sorry guys -- it wasn't supposed to fool anyone... we didn't realize that writing a *parody* of Uwe Boll was actually impossible. :)

Hehe, yeah - I've seen enough CIC April Fool's updates to know right away that this was a joke, but it's certainly a highly believeable one :).

They should have "dr." Derek Smart and Uwe Boll fight to the death in an arena.

I'd pay for the DVD.

Oooh.. you had me for a second.. but only because its Monday morning and I didn't check the date on the post right away..

Man, I was getting ready to put a hit out on him. That's one of my all-time favorite games. How the hell DOES he keep getting jobs screwing up movies?

Man, I was getting ready to put a hit out on him. That's one of my all-time favorite games. How the hell DOES he keep getting jobs screwing up movies?

I don't know, I get a sort of sick pleasure out of his crappy movies and I don't want him to stop. He's horrible in a great way, he's an anti-genius like Ed Wood, but with a German accent and an attitude. I was anticipating an April Fools joke, but part of me wished that it was true because it seemed like a perfect project for him to screw up.

Back