CRC error in movies.tre on WC4 cd

u4eake

Spaceman
Hi,

Recently I wanted to play my old wc4 game again, but it has a crc error on the first cd. The file movies.tre is not readable anymore :(
Is there some way I could obtain that file somewhere ? It is rather large in size (473Mb), but I'd really appreciate if someone could provide it to me.
Thx !!!

If you wanna help, pls be specific and at least post a link to an auction of wc4.
Anybody can post 'RTFM', www.google.be, ... and think they are cool :)

Actually I was hoping someone would also have the cd's and be kind enough to provide me with a copy of the file. (drop me a message) Shouldn't be illegal since I have purchased the game and can show the original cd's. The ticket is even still in the box :)

Alright...since you asked for it:

http://search.ebay.com/wing-commander-4_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Secondly, because you asked for it...

Unless I'm greatly mistaken (and it does happen from time to time) what you are asking for is very illegal. Just because you bought the game does not authorize someone else to share theirs with you. What logic is that? Because you bought one copy you're entitled to all copies as you need them? The truth is you should have taken better care of your copy...but since it is defective you have two recourses. You can write to Origin/EA and request a new copy (unlikely to achieve effective results) or you can purchase another copy. Asking someone else to "share" their software is illegal however even if it's only a certain file. It so happens that the file you think is corruptive is a critical component...it's not like you are asking for a readme.txt file.

Maj.Striker said:
Unless I'm greatly mistaken (and it does happen from time to time) what you are asking for is very illegal. Just because you bought the game does not authorize someone else to share theirs with you. What logic is that? Because you bought one copy you're entitled to all copies as you need them? The truth is you should have taken better care of your copy...but since it is defective you have two recourses. You can write to Origin/EA and request a new copy (unlikely to achieve effective results) or you can purchase another copy. Asking someone else to "share" their software is illegal however even if it's only a certain file. It so happens that the file you think is corruptive is a critical component...it's not like you are asking for a readme.txt file.

Yeah, I don't think that's illegal at all. When you buy a piece of software, you're more or less just buying a license to use it. It becomes problematic when people who claim to own it want a replacement and can't prove they've bought it, but in cases where people only need a particular file, we've never really had a problem with that.

Even though it's pretty much the entire video sequences? What's to stop (insert unnamedorganizations here) to upload the game code and just strip out the video? I know you guys have more experience with this area but it seems pretty odd for it to be ok to share such a huge portion of the game...still, you've both had plenty more experience in this than I.

Back