Converter

saf0775

Rear Admiral
I need to convert the file from .obj to .mesh.

What program should I use for this? I can't seem to find anything online.

Flight commander can use .obj files now natively. So there's no need to convert them to a .mesh file. Feel free to ask any questions here.

Oh, okay...

Then I either blame my model or the syntax I used when putting the model into the game.

Everytime the game tries to load my rapier.obj it crashes and exits to windows. I tried to use a converter program to convert the mesh from a Lightwave (.lwo) object to a .obj, and when that didn't work, I converted it by using the built-in converter with Lightwave 7. No joy on either model :(

The model iteself has only 150 polygons, and only once .jpg image map.

Perhaps it's my syntax? Could you give me a generic syntax as an example. What I'm trying to do at this point is replace the Piranah model with my Rapier model to test out how my mesh looks in the game.

Half way there....

Okay, so I figured out what was wrong in my mesh. I had an extra surface I didn't know was there. That would be why the game kept kicking me out.

SO...Now I have my Rapier in the game. I've adjusted the XML and my weapons look good and my thrusters look good.

NOW: How do I change the cockpit? What XML tells which cockpit to load? Also, I have no idea about the scale of the model I will need to make. Do you have an untextured cockpit mesh I can use for reference?

The .ship.xml file allows you to change the cockpit mesh and location. For example:
Code:
	<cockpit mesh="co_piranha.mesh.bin">
		<point x="0" y="0.456605" z="4"/>
	</cockpit>

By the way, most of the wc1 ships have already been converted to flight commander for the WC1 remake. That may be a good starting point for you.

Unfortunatly, the remake is not on the site for download. Do you host a copy that I can download?

Thanks! I'll likely use those at a future date after "Robotech: Zentradi War" (working title) is finished.

Back