Confed Light Carrier

Hey, I wasn't trying to start an Origin Bashing mob!!!!
I have nothing but respect and good feelings towards OSI. They not only made WC, but also Ultima and System Shock. So they slacked on some numbers, tough luck, they made more excellent games than most japanese clone-churners I know off. And I like console games too. Of course they wanted to be profitable, only stupid morons would start a company with the intent of NOT making money. That's probably the most absurd accusation one can make. Mac-addicts seem to say that a lot... Well, Apple does give the impression of disliking profits, sometimes.

BTW, what pictures comparing D'naughts?

If there's one thing I learned from SpaceBattles' many Star Destroyer debates (and lets face it, there isn't), it's that you can't determine the length of a ship from a 2D picture - especially in space, with no verticle or horizontal base.

I have to remind you people and myself that I gave up on this issue. That thing has become official, so 22Km it is. It would be both stupid and pointless to press the issue.

Edfilho said:
Hey, I wasn't trying to start an Origin Bashing mob!!!!

I wasn't either. Maybe I didn't wrote it correct (english isn't my native language
at all), I just wanted to remind you, that they do this in first place for the companies
business goal (and that is selling a product), and then a long time nothing, and
first than there is a small spot of enthusiasm to create logical (in these deep minor
detail we are usually talking about) addons.

As for Origin, I have also a very deep respect for what they created, not onlyWC, but some others too. It's a shame that they are gone.

(edit) and Psych is right, let's just drop the issue now and go to someting
more enjoyable :)

Thanks for backing down Ed, I just don't want one of our stickys to be tainted with a dead-horse beating.

Maj.Striker said:
If you gentlemen need any help modelling any fighters etc. let me know, I'd be glad to help out. I'm currently working on a project for Killerwave but when I have the spare time I could churn out a fighter or two...

I might as well use this "off topic" status thread to tell anyone else who likes to work on the Saga Team. This is work not concerning voice work, but rather textures, modeling, programming, conversion, writing etc etc etc.

Experience has shown us that recruitment into the Saga team isn't a matter of sorting through applications and "Can I join?!?!?" emails, it's a matter of looking around, seeing if one guy's work or contribution to the WC community stands out above the others, judge that guy's ability to work on a project and with others, etc etc. This was how our most recent members got recruited.

In other words guys, "Don't call us, we'll call you."

Oh man I should have know that if I give that hind it would went up into a wild discussion about the length, data and what ever...completly the entire direction I wanted it...well so be it as it is.

Since this tread has been started with a WIP, allow me to show you the
final result. And to bring back memories, I made her the good old No. 40. :D

Enjoy.
ranger2.jpg

ranger3.jpg

ranger4.jpg

A impression of the hangarbay (still no lifts, but they may come. At least I try )
ranger5.jpg

Tolwyn said:
impressive... very impressive, I say :)

Damn, we are good :D

Damn, you are guys are good....I feel like you guys are doing so many different ships I'm really curious to see how you guys are going to use them all in the 30 or so missions WCS will encompass....

It'll be a fine game. One question to anyone: what's a good joystick for under $40 with Freespace 2 in mind?

is the FS2-Engine able to support HIgh-Res textures for the Big Ships ? (Hangar Bays or the ships hull when flying close to them could be improved).

just a suggestion (i don't even have a clue what you guys are doing)
but i admire you for it.

@Grimloc:

i'd recommend a Saitek Cyborg EVO(lution)

cyborg_evo2.jpg

i own one it is verry precice, versatile becouse programmable and adjustable to your hand-Size and Left or right handed use is possible.
When using the Software you can give every button 3 different funktions, while "a funktion" can inclue Macros and complex Key-bindings.

In short this Stick owns! (no Force Feedback!!)
check here for further information:
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/cyborg_evo.htm

Yeah, it can, but there's a practical upper limit on how much most video cards can handle with good performance, and we get close to pushing that limit sometimes.

BTW, don't comment in a thread this old without a good reason. I was responding to inform you of that and answer your first question.

This isn't a threat, but things like that annoy a *lot* of people (not me, so much), so be careful.

Black-Sheep said:
is the FS2-Engine able to support HIgh-Res textures for the Big Ships ? (Hangar Bays or the ships hull when flying close to them could be improved).

just a suggestion (i don't even have a clue what you guys are doing)
but i admire you for it.

yes, the improved engine supports maps up to 2048*2048 resolution and a completely new hangar map is already implemented

Back