Communication officers in Wing Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonntag

Spaceman
After having played almost all WC games available I have always noticed the different Communication officers that were talking to you. I'd like to know whom you liked and whom you hated.

Heres my list

I liked

Sosa. She was very nice over the comm.

The comm officer of WC2... she was nice and friendly

I disliked

Radio rollins (sometimes he was ok, but most of the time I found him illoyal and arrogant)

Andersson of WCP. He was a bit too neutral and unpersonal, although realistic ("Nice flying, lieutenant" I think that he said that in a way if he feeled he was much superior to me)

The Privateer comm officers. They always said the same "Now entering automatic landing zone". That was boring.

I hated

The Comm officer of the Lexington. He was a stupid arrogant asshole.

About the rest (WC1, etc) it is hard to say anything about, as we never met them.

So what do you think about them?

Yes, the Lexington officer there you're right was arrogant. Even very much indeed.
And the Comm officer of the Midway? I liked one scene with him. The one of the Midway blowing up and his 'I'll see you back at hell'. :) Thee I liked him most. For being quiet. But what would you say to the others of the Midway overtaking the landing procedure? I liked the scene with Finley and the CAG after I blew up the first shipkiller.
There they looked like 'real' human beings (being happy to be alive). But of the other one Anderson, I didn't hear/see very much personal. he was too cold. Like a frozen iceblock.
Oh and Sosa of course...she was also the best of the few I know. She was nice.

Erm, Major Edmonds (the WC2 comm officer) was *not* nice and friendly... did you play SO1? <G>

I actually rather liked Naismith (the WC4 comm officer) -- he was the only person who wasn't kissing Blair's ass on Lexington... <G>

Originally posted by Manjana
Yes, the Lexington officer there you're right was arrogant. Even very much indeed.
And the Comm officer of the Midway? I liked one scene with him. The one of the Midway blowing up and his 'I'll see you back at hell'. :) Thee I liked him most. For being quiet. But what would you say to the others of the Midway overtaking the landing procedure? I liked the scene with Finley and the CAG after I blew up the first shipkiller.
There they looked like 'real' human beings (being happy to be alive). But of the other one Anderson, I didn't hear/see very much personal. he was too cold. Like a frozen iceblock.
Oh and Sosa of course...she was also the best of the few I know. She was nice.

You let Midway blow up???! Shame on you!! ;)

RFB

I didn't like Sosa. Sure, she was nice and all but she got annoying. Especially if you didn't go to help Catscratch. Then she was real annoying.

I really liked the guy from the Cerberus. When you fail missions he says the best stuff. "Your clear to land....i guess..."

Rollins was one of my favorites. He always had some kind of a comment to put in.

Naismith was a little bitchy. That line "You clear to land...if you can manage it..." was always nice to hear after failing a mission.

The WC2 chick was pretty nice. Other than that, no feelings on her.

WC1 pretty much said the same thing every time if I remember correctly.

[Edited by Ladiesman^ on 04-27-2001 at 15:16]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Erm, Major Edmonds (the WC2 comm officer) was *not* nice and friendly... did you play SO1? <G>

I actually rather liked Naismith (the WC4 comm officer) -- he was the only person who wasn't kissing Blair's ass on Lexington... <G>

I have played SO1, in 1996 or so... I just mean that in the last mission of WC2, she just wishes me good luck, and as far as I know, she always talks to us respectfully.

What was that in SO1? I remember some things a bit... Wasn't it that there was something she didn't want to talk about? I cannot remember it.

Regarding the WC 4 officer, he was an arrogant nobody that had no respect for our skills. But at least he was honest and straightforward.

Major Edmonds hated Blair because Blair reminded her of her own failure -- she blamed herself for the the loss of the TCS Kirsk in '63... a loss that killed 2,000 people.

(I liked Sosa's emotional side... the candles, the cute affair with Catscratch... but I don't see why everybody thinks she's so darned attractive:)).

I personally thought Anderson (WCP) was pretty cool. The fact that he was always calm and all that just adds to it - he seems to be the only one of this lot who always had an air of confidence around him.

Major Edmonds hated Blair because Blair reminded her of her own failure -- she blamed herself for the the loss of the TCS Kirsk in '63... a loss that killed 2,000 people.

(I liked Sosa's emotional side... the candles, the cute affair with Catscratch... but I don't see why everybody thinks she's so darned attractive:)).

Ah yes now I remember... I honestly cannot see why people think Sosa's attractive, either. I found Major Edmond attractive, however...(as well as Sparks, Angel, Spirit and Shadow... I liked the WC2 drawings)

Yeah, Major Edmonds was attractive... although the fact that they rebuilt her face is a bite eerie.

In general all the WC2 characters were fairly attractive... not Spirit, though, since she was like our little sister. Angel and Shadow were... loved Shadow's accent!

I mean, even Minx was cute... from a distance!

Sosa wasnt all that bad. Nice looking. The Intrepid's helm officer looked nice too! (Maniac thought so also!) :)

RFB

I mean, even Minx was cute... from a distance!

Well somehow Blair agreed with that, too...

Regarding the voices, there was a cool nameless female pilot in WC2... "Oh no the engines are blowing...help..helkrrrrr" In that time she could have ejected 2 times..." The best voice had Angel, however

(I liked Sosa's emotional side... the candles, the cute affair with Catscratch... but I don't see why everybody thinks she's so darned attractive).
Different taste I'd say. I'd be a really big arguement if all men were attracted by the same woman.
She had a nice character...and be honest. Would you've been happy to see the guy whom had the possibility to save your friend and whom didn't do every day, even if you'd like to kill him?It was right she didn't like Blair for that.

Yeah, WC2 characters rule! :)
I liked: The SOPS guy, the WC1 and Naismith for being business-like.
Rollins for always saying sth different.
Major Edmond when she did not rant.

I disliked:
Anderson for being boring, just boring.
Sosa for being so nice... (BTW, I did not find her very attractive, neither Major Edmond)

I hated: none

I liked more or less all of them, having pros and cons.

Sosa's the most attractive woman in the WC games.

But that's just my opinion.

What's Shadow's accent? I've heard it before, but I forget.

Hmmm... Comm officers I like:

Rollins, Sosa, Anderson, and Cerberus guy (he was a jerk, but he was entertaining for some reason).

Didn't like Naismith or Edmonds.

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 04-27-2001 at 17:47]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Yeah, WC2 characters rule! :)
I liked: The SOPS guy, the WC1 and Naismith for being business-like.
Rollins for always saying sth different.
Major Edmond when she did not rant.

I disliked:
Anderson for being boring, just boring.
Sosa for being so nice... (BTW, I did not find her very attractive, neither Major Edmond)

I hated: none

I liked more or less all of them, having pros and cons.
Hello Mekt!

I mostly agree with you, but I found Andersson being a bit too boring, however he was the most realistic of them all... Sosa was rather a Child at the comms

BTW I have my first ABI written exams in 10 days...

Thw Worst comm oficcer: Naismith & Anderson

Special Mention: The sexy voice of Roulette ;)

[Edited by Ghost on 04-27-2001 at 20:40]

Originally posted by RFBurns
Sosa wasnt all that bad. Nice looking. The Intrepid's helm officer looked nice too! (Maniac thought so also!) :)

RFB

I agree...that helm officer just does something for me. Maybe it's because her uniform fits so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back