Cloaking Device?

Keikogi

Spaceman
I dont remember where I bought it..some big ship lookin thing. But yeah its a "Cloaking Device" I dont remember that on the real game..but then again I havnt played it in 8 years.. Ive tried tons of keys and Im confused. Is it always on or is there some way to activate it? Thanks for any help.

The cloaking device (unknown in the Old Privateer) is available at Perry, sometimes...
For activate it use ctrl+c.
While cloaked you cannot use neither the weapons nor the shields.
And, sadly, the enemy see your ship like always...
::(

ilricca said:
The cloaking device (unknown in the Old Privateer) is available at Perry, sometimes...
For activate it use ctrl+c.
While cloaked you cannot use neither the weapons nor the shields.
And, sadly, the enemy see your ship like always...
::(
The Vegastrike cloaking device does make you invisible to other ships, not sure where you got the opposite impression. Get in a fight with an enemy and turn it on and he drifts away, disinterested. Least he does so here..

I was doing a cargo mission. Passed by 3 kilrathy capital ships and they didnt even see me. So I dont know if they just didnt want me or they couldnt see me. Guess ill go play around with it some more.

Mmmmm...
The kilrathi are not my enemies, so they doesn't shoot me at all.
If you are visible the kilrathi shoot at you?

Yeah most of the time, but ive come acrost some that said "Fear not my claws are shieved, my belly full" and just went on with his buisness. I always do bounty missions to kill them so I think they hate me. I tried it again and they saw me, then I turned it on again when I was 1 second from being dead and they just flew away. *kisses cloaking device* Those capital ships are impossible to kill...I have mil spec. Centerion and I still get owned.

Go to 'Info' on a base screen and look at the listing for Kilrathi under 'player info'. That'll tell you what the factions think of you.

And they don't always hate you because you hunt them. I've blown away a lot of Kats, but they wouldn't hurt me if I flew from here to Kilrah. It has to do with the fact that I am Death to pirates, because they don't like pirates all that much...

hmm we could reduce some defenses on those capital ships... in priv they didn't have as many turrets at they did on the VDU--we used the VDU for reference

Cap ships are tough.. I'll have to try it more in a centurion. I have little difficulty taking out a kamekh in a lighter fighter, but that won't mean much in the final game :D

They are more powerful than they were in the original, but I rather like it that way. Capships aren't to be trifled with, unless it's a merchant "cap ship" (drayman), though that's discussed in another thread :D

Back