Character casting . . .

Viper61

Spaceman
Actually this thread should be called "character wishing", but lets entertain ourselves a bit more. We've already been discussing what the proposed new WC show should be like, lets talk about who should tell us the stories (since there's so many Prinze, Lillard, and Barrows bashers out there, lets see your picks).

Lets set some rules that, as I've seen in the posts, seems to reflect the majority of viewpoints (again this is what I've seen in the posts).
1. Set in/around/between WC1 and WC2 (meaning our cast has to be decently young- 20's for Blair, Angel, Spirit, Maniac, I even think Hunter is in his twenties - 30's for Iceman - maybe even 40's for paladin)
2. And, as can be derived from the above, starring the original cast.
3. They have to be decently plausible choices for a TV show (meaning we probably can't have Shannon Elizabeth as Angel, damn)

With these few rules tell me (and the board) who your cast picks would be.

I'll start it off . . .

I like Eliza Dushku (Buffy, Angel, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) for Angel. not only is she very easy on the eyes, but she carries with her the "I'm tough as nails" attitude. (Maybe even the girl that plays Charlie in the New Firestarter thing on Sci-Fi is a decent choice)
For Hunter I like the "Enterprise" actor who plays Lt. Reed, Dominic Keating. He has that kindof superior air about him and the accent doesn't hurt either.

Those are my first couple of picks, I'll post more as I think of some.

C-ya

Sam Elliot for Paladin, agree with you on Angel, Jean Reno as Iceman, I have several in mind for Boss but I can't remember Asian actors' names that well besides Chan, Li, or Yun-Fat:eek: , Aya Takanashi as Spirit (she's from Mr. Baseball as Tom Selleck's love interest, hubba hubba;) ), Barry Pepper as Maniac, Busta Rhymes could work for Knight, Fred Durst for Blair JK!...ok, um, the guy who played Legolas in LotR, Hugh Jackman as Hunter, help me out with Halcyon, Ian McKellen as any Kilrathi, just as long as he's in there, and maybe Bill Clinton for Thrakhath. Hehheh, or how about Rip Torn as him instead? That would be cool.

Wulf- I was actually looking for actors who would do a TV show but those are really cool picks for another WC movie, especially hugh jackman as hunter (very good choice).

I thought of another one. Do you think Keifer Sutherland can do an Irish/Welsh accent and be Paladin? I thoroughly enjoying him as Jack Bauer on 24 and he's about the right age.

C-ya

No.

And Eliza Dushku is too bitchy in everything I've seen her in to be a decent Angel.

To be honest, I'd prefer to see unknowns.

Al Snow as Blair, Donald Sutherland as Halcyon, Marlon Brando as the voice of the Emperor, Ted Nugent as Thrakhath, Richard Roundtree as Shotglass, and I think someone once said they wanted Carrot Top as Sparks, that would be cool. Can't think of anyone else just yet.

Personally, I think Donald Sutherland's voice is too soft to play Halcyon. Halcyon strikes me as the type who cares about his pilots, but knows what his duties are and how he should conduct himself.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Malcom McDowell played Halcyon?

Just thought of who would play a good maniac (I've been reading all of the voyager bashing lately) if he was a little younger. The actor who played Tom Paris on Voyager (Robert Duncan McNeill). Not the wussy paris that showed up in the later episodes, but the pissed off, insubordinate Paris from the first couple of shows.

C-ya

Need I remind you that Robert Ducan McNeil's only claim to fame before Voyager was the almost-as-crappy live action "Masters Of The Universe" movie?

Masters Of The Universe is lesser only because:
A.) Frank Langella made a badass Skeletor
B.) Voyager lasted a LOT longer than the MotU movie.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
Wouldn't it be ironic if Malcom McDowell played Halcyon?
Um, maybe. I don't see any point in having the same actor for (completely) different characters (Excepting Nutty Professor and Back to the Future).

Angel

Hey! I just came up with the perfect gal to play Angel!

Lori Loughlin, Full House's Aunt Becky. She's sweet, can be tough at times and is so freaking sexy :D

She's the perfect Angel cuz she is an angel :cool:

Originally posted by Wedge009
Well, that explains it. I don't watch Star Trek. ;)

Even if you did, you probably wouldn't notice it -- the same actor might play ten different people with different elaborate alien masks <G>

Re: Angel

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Hey! I just came up with the perfect gal to play Angel!

Lori Loughlin, Full House's Aunt Becky. She's sweet, can be tough at times and is so freaking sexy :D

She's the perfect Angel cuz she is an angel :cool:

Don't be stupid (or disgusting).

Anne Parillaud would be better since she can actually act and shes actually French.

Back