Changing Sound Files

Ptarmigan

Spaceman
When I change sound files for weapons from the default to a different file, Flight Commander throws me out back to Windows XP.

First, it helps to run the game from the command prompt if it exits early but cleanly, then you can see the error message, and can paste it here to ask questions.

Couple of possibilties: first remember that sounds are zero-indexed, meaning the first sound is 0. Also, if you're editing sounds.xml and have added a sound remember to add one to the numsounds. Also, you might want to run your files through XML Spy first to make sure they comply with the schemas.

If all this fails, send me the files in question and I'll have a look. I would need your ship file, your sounds.xml, and your .wav file.

eddieb said:
First, it helps to run the game from the command prompt if it exits early but cleanly, then you can see the error message, and can paste it here to ask questions.

Couple of possibilties: first remember that sounds are zero-indexed, meaning the first sound is 0. Also, if you're editing sounds.xml and have added a sound remember to add one to the numsounds. Also, you might want to run your files through XML Spy first to make sure they comply with the schemas.

If all this fails, send me the files in question and I'll have a look. I would need your ship file, your sounds.xml, and your .wav file.

Problem has been fixed. It was a numbering error. Stupid me.

Raptor leader said:
I changed the playerdeath video but my new sound doesn't play with it. The old sounds still plays what do i need to change?
Look for an mp3 with a similar name to the .avi file. You'll need to replace that mp3 with another that matches. I don't play sound within the avi file itself, so you can get rid of that.

Back