Cats at home

Sonntag

Spaceman
I am a bit curious about if someone here has any animals at home. I have a cat, and I love it (really!!!). It is very stupid, but also very nice. One night, it was outside the house and was waiting at the window of my room. At 4 am it started to cry to wake me up (which I DID NOT like...) Well stupid as I was I opened the window to let the cat into my room. It had a gift for me, a mouse, inside its mouth. However, this mouse was not dead, unfortunately, so after the cat had presented it to me, the mouse started to rush through my room, with the cat following it. They were really starting to destroy my room...
Fortunately, my cat got the mouse, and in this moment I threw it out of my room, and went to bed again.

Apart from that, it has always been the nicest furball I know (at least it does not have plasmaguns)

Well do you also have animals?

Ok I just read the rules again and found my thread could be a bit off topic... If it is, I am sorry (I just tried to delete it, but it did not work)

Yeah same here. One of my cats is declawed because we got it when my sister and I were very young. So this cat sometimes bites. I guess you could compare his bites to a pair of ImRecs (he seeks out targets). Its not as bad as it sounds though.

Although I admire the Kilrathi, I have to admit that I do not like cats very much. Don't know why, I just don't like them. I have (or, my family has) a dog (his name is Jazz) which is SOOO adorable. He is a bit strange, as he always barks at each water body. Perhaps that has something to do with my brother dropping it in our pond... :)

My goodness, if I had a dog named Jazz... well, I wouldn't kill it - it's a dog, after all. But I don't think we'd get along very well ;).

You also have a nerving dog Mekt? Oh I wish I could give mine a kick into it's ass, that he's 5 minutes quiet, but it barks and barks. Even Oropax doesn't help! But I may not. It's 'Mama's Liebling' (darling)...I hate him!!!
Her saying: Do you want some Frolics darling,you aren't fat enough (weight of a ton)!!! And he barks on and on and my father and me become crazy....

Ohh, I find our dog SOO adorable, really. Even if he is sometimes annoying, he is just so cute. And I don't care if people say he stinks, he doesn't ! And in the summer he is really useful, as he chases flies quite successfully.

BTW: Actually I did not have WC in mind when I proposed that name. I was thinking of Jazz Jackrabbit a Jump'n'Run I liked back at the time. I think it was a mistake, we should have stuck to Sputnik as his name, it would have been quite fitting. Anyway, 80% of the time he is called by one of his nicknames and not Jazz.

After Sputnick the spionage satellite?
Or am I wrong...
Sputnick, Sputnick....Ha!!! Russian spionage Satellite....first satellite in space. 1950s/1960s...or??

Oh...then I was better than I thought (I really had to think about it...). But it really means 'Begleiter'? Then I learned something today....

Sounds so easy. I never lokked it up (I thought it was English), but what is it Russian or which language? (At the moment I am not at home, so I can't look it up).....

Sounds not very Russian, even the writing is it translated in English: 'Sputnik'??? Russian writing is kyrillic....so why isn't the name writen in kyrillic? Maybe the press did translate the font...so I thought it was English.

Of course they used the Latin letters. If they had used the kyrillic ones, nobody would have understood it. ;)
I just got the confirmation that Sputnik is Russian and translated litterally means "Der mit auf dem Weg gehende" or sth like that.

Originally posted by Manjana
After Sputnick the spionage satellite?
Or am I wrong...
Sputnick, Sputnick....Ha!!! Russian spionage Satellite....first satellite in space. 1950s/1960s...or??
The Sputnik just flew around emitting little "beep" sounds. Since it was the first (1957), nobody really had enough experience to make it a spy-satellite :).

Back