Can't Somebody help?

PaulHigg

Spaceman
Can't ANYBODY help with the preference setting problem I'm having?

I am getting seriousely bummed that no one seems to want to help.

I really don't think very many people play the Macintosh version of Gemini Gold. There's probably no regular posters that do. Someone from the development team usually comes by every couple days and tries to address various issues however.

Thanks

Well, thanks, I guess. I have a Sony VAIO laptop but I'm not sure if it'll run on it. I have a P4 PC but it's always tied up by my wife. Oh well, I'll have to figure something out because I HAVE to play this game. It was one of the first games I ever played on an original 386 and it was a lot of fun and engrossing and time FLEW by when I played it. After all these years it's still an excellent game and I appreciate you guys basically reprogramming it from the ground up.

Thanks.

Paul in Atlanta

If you still have the original Privateer, your laptop might be fast enough to run it in DOSBox. Lots of us would be able to provide instructions on that.

Okay, I downloaded and paid for GamePad Companion 2.3 and it recognizes my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick as well as my Logitech Dual Action game pad. However, the game only seems to see part of the Gamepad or the joystick. I think this has to do with the config file not remembering the settings, BEFORE I run the game. The mouse works okay but I have to use the keyboard for everything. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Does the software have a way to execute games from within the program? I haven't used that one before, but Logitech software prefers to launch games from within the profiler once you've come up with your custom settings.

I'm not sure what you were saying about the config file remembering settings. Usually joystick configuration software needs to be configured, then the software itself launches the program you're trying to use the joystick in. It's possible to set the configuration, then launch the software separately, and then not have the profiler software map any controls. So you might check for that and initiate the game from within the configuration software if it lets you.

Back