Can't run missions - T&L Problem?

Hi,

For the first: I can run Freespace 2 without problems. But Saga breaks down every time I try to run a mission. When I checked system requirements, I noticed, that Saga seems to require a videocard which supports T&L. I don't know much about videocards so I can't be sure...
I use a on-board videocard which doesn't support T&L. If T&L is the problem, is there a patch or something which enables Saga to run without T&L properly?

Thanks in advance...

Hey,

please post your system specs. Also post your Saga's configuration. I can run the game on a fairly low end system with an onboard gpu, so I doubt it is a problem. Driver updates can do wonders some times as well.

Hi Tolwyn,

My machine is an old Acer Notebook:

> Intel cebtrino Pentium M processor 1300 MHz
> 768 MB Ram
> and an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller

running WinXP Home

All drivers are up to date.

My settings are standard. I only switched from OpenGL to Direct3D8. Since then I was able to play the first training mission, but as soon as I started back to the Wellington (that's the name, IIRC) via autopilot, the game broke down again.

Hi Tolwyn,

My machine is an old Acer Notebook:

> Intel cebtrino Pentium M processor 1300 MHz
> 768 MB Ram
> and an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller

running WinXP Home

All drivers are up to date.

My settings are standard. I only switched from OpenGL to Direct3D8. Since then I was able to play the first training mission, but as soon as I started back to the Wellington (that's the name, IIRC) via autopilot, the game broke down again.

I have a similar configuration and I can run the game in OpenGL. In most cases outdated gpu drivers are the reason. Your best bet would be to download latest drivers from Intel's website.

Re:wc Saga Rocks

I downloaded WC Saga last night and I finally managed to play it today 4/17/07.
WC Saga works on my end. I can't wait to see the full version.
Oh, will the full version of WC Saga allow us to use all the fighters from WC1-5, privateer, Star Lancer, Freelancer as well as in multiplayer?

Martini Doctor, have you considered an upgrade to a new laptop? With an AMD Turion 64x2 dual core, dedicated Nvidia 7600 or greater graphics card. With ram at 2 gigs or more. Oh, just beware it'll probably come equipped with Windows Vista.

About the question of the ships from CosmoFalcon...well the Story is focused on the WC3 timeline. So you will mostly see ships from that Timeline but also some others from earlier times like the Ferret we just showed. Klavs made a realy good model.

So you will see ships from WC2+3. Not all of WC2 but some.
WC1,4,5 and Privateer 1/2 aren't planed to be done but Scooby made at least a Pirahna and I also remember a Lance fighter and a Banshee he has done. They should be easy to be added after we are done.
StarLancer and Freelancer aren't WC games so you won't see any ships from this universe.

Back