cant get turrets to do anything in gemini gold?

baphomet_irl

Spaceman
hi - in gemini gold, no matter what combination of ctrl+f1, alt+t, ctrl+t, alt+w and f5 i use, i cant get my turret to automatically attack an enemy target, no matter how close i fly to it.

ive just bought a galaxy and i was relying on turrets to save my ass :s

in Gemini Gold the automatic control of turrets was disabled due to the fact that Privateers fight alone
you have to actually switch into the turret using the appropriate key combinations in the manual.

hellcatv said:
in Gemini Gold the automatic control of turrets was disabled due to the fact that Privateers fight alone
you have to actually switch into the turret using the appropriate key combinations in the manual.

oh ok :(

damn - its still in the gemini PDF manual as a control though...

Privateer's may fight (and die) alone, but they may like to have automatic turrets. This may even up the odds a little when a load of kilrathi lock on to you. "There is no honour in slaughter" sound a little hollow when six of then pound your rear-end to you to dust !!

Cheers,

Alex

turrets

I can not even find targets in my turret. I went to use my tractor beam in turret to get some 'abandoned' space cargo and couldn't find it no m atter what I tried.

You can target objects with "t" and "u" (the usual keys) when you are in a turret.
We currently found a bug that turret's tractor beam might not work in 1.0.
It will be fixed in 1.01.

ChrisReid said:
Were you locked onto it before you switched to the turret?

Yes, locked on and nothing. It was really weird. Tried switching targets as well and couldn't get anything on my turret screen

Unregistered said:
Privateer's may fight (and die) alone, but they may like to have automatic turrets. This may even up the odds a little when a load of kilrathi lock on to you. "There is no honour in slaughter" sound a little hollow when six of then pound your rear-end to you to dust !!

Cheers,

Alex

By my opinion the Galaxy should retain the “auto-turret” option , as you got no time in hell to control the turrets in a combat situation (I mostly end up damaged or dead if I try).

now what would be REALLY nice.....

... would be for the devs to let us know how to reactivate auto-turrets...

I can understand, and appreciate, the desire to make a true-blue remake.
I can also understand, and appreciate, the desire to tweak it slightly for our personal use.

Open up the vegastrike config and search for:

<!-- <bind key="t" modifier="alt" command="TurretTargetKey" />
<bind key="t" modifier="ctrl" command="TurretAIOn" />
<bind key="r" modifier="ctrl" command="TurretAIOff" />
<bind key="w" modifier="ctrl" command="TurretAIFireAtWill" /> -->

change it to

<bind key="t" modifier="alt" command="TurretTargetKey" />
<bind key="t" modifier="ctrl" command="TurretAIOn" />
<bind key="r" modifier="ctrl" command="TurretAIOff" />
<bind key="w" modifier="ctrl" command="TurretAIFireAtWill" />

and the turret AI will work again.

I suggest you keep playing without your AI friend.

My config file entries are same as the last set u gave and i dont have autoturrets?
ahh think i have it correctly now was the --> i hadnt removed

Ah...........I was wondering about this turret issue too.

Thanks for the providing the option of allowing us to change it.

Back