Breaking: Roberts Space Industries Webcast Live! (November 18, 2012)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Chris Roberts and the Cloud Imperium Games team are now streaming live from their temporary office in Austin, Texas! Things are just getting set up as we type this, and their website is getting hit by heavy traffic. Below are some of the webcam links in case you are unable to access elsewhere. Keep checking back in case links are updated. Since the official RSI chatroom is filled to capacity (250 people!), you can also follow and discuss the event live at irc.wcnews.com #Wingnut.

--
Original update published on November 18, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
So the one labeled Martin is the room, and the room and wingman ones are blank at the moment...
Could change again before the night is up... Chris' is the one that has sound though.

TQwc1.jpg

XRem6.gif

Ben is cheating! Sleeping already inside of the Stelle and the Dralthi ;)

Richard "LordBritish" Garriot himself is on the stream fielding questions! Excitement overload...
Hey, reckon he's taking notes as well? ;) Maybe LOAF, who was there and presumably had a chance to chat to him will correct me, but somehow I can't imagine Richard Garriott not missing the big games he used to make... browser games are good business-wise, but...

Richard "LordBritish" Garriot himself is on the stream fielding questions! Excitement overload...

Chris Roberts was talking to Richard Garriott and talking about a Space Sim.. That was the first time since... 1995? Before Chris leaving Origin?
No I had no tears in my eyes...that was something different...

Sorry that I have no better pic ._. but...( I hate Windows 8!!!)
originb.jpg

Hey, reckon he's taking notes as well? ;) Maybe LOAF, who was there and presumably had a chance to chat to him will correct me, but somehow I can't imagine Richard Garriott not missing the big games he used to make... browser games are good business-wise, but...

You'd think that... but MAN, Richard is enthusiastic about the types of games he's building today. It's not just browser games, his RPG will launch on both a browser and tablet computers. Richard has an elaborate pitch about how AAA big budget games were the thing of the '90s, and MMOs with their potential to multiply the audience by a factor of 10 were the thing of the '00s, and now in the '10s we have the potential to multiply that again by another 10X with mobile/social/micro gaming. You could see Chris Roberts nod off in the video when Richard gets going on the subject, :) but I've heard Richard talk about it several times, and he's surprisingly passionate about it.

Chris Roberts was talking to Richard Garriott and talking about a Space Sim.. That was the first time since... 1995? Before Chris leaving Origin?

They're friends - Richard let Chris use his office last month during the unveiling, and they did some other promotional activities together. Here's a picture I snapped last month:

9243_532913426723315_233844945_n.jpg

Back