BREAKING NEWS: Arena Video Walkthrough (May 13, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Advanced Media Network has won a lot of friends here by posting a six and a half minute 'walkthrough interview' with Wing Commander Arena Producer Sean Penney. The video shows the game in action while explaining all sorts of gameplay elements... everything from cloaked mines to Vampire Missiles! Here's a kicker: it flashes through seven of the nine unidentified ships! We've only yet to see two Darkets now (the ships not pictured below are the Broadsword Warpig and the Paktahn Tusk). You can find the video online here.

Two more general previews are also now available, at Yahoo and Game Almighty. Neither is especially in-depth.

--
Original update published on May 13, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!

It's unbelieveable that a game that big and beutiful looking is only going to be a 50 meg download.

I also liked how each ship had historical information scrolling along the bottom of the screen. I hadn't seen that in any of the previous videos I've watched. Can't wait to play this!

It's unbelieveable that a game that big and beutiful looking is only going to be a 50 meg download.
Actually, Microsoft increased the XBLA download limit to 150MB. I think it was castlevania (?) that needed 90MB or so and the WC: Arena build as of two months ago was around 120MB so it might be more as they polish up the game and improve the graphics.

I also liked how each ship had historical information scrolling along the bottom of the screen. I hadn't seen that in any of the previous videos I've watched. Can't wait to play this!

Yeah, those are great.

Actually, Microsoft increased the XBLA download limit to 150MB. I think it was castlevania (?) that needed 90MB or so and the WC: Arena build as of two months ago was around 120MB so it might be more as they polish up the game and improve the graphics.

I think 50's always been the target, but the higher limit lets them be flexible if necessary. EA's other Arcade game, Boom Boom Rocket, is one of just a couple that exceeds the old limit at 79 megs (along with Castlevania and Lumines).

Yeah I'd heard they'd uped the limit now. What I meant by my comment was that Sean Penney said in the video that people were surprised when they looked at the game that it was only a 50 meg download. I took that to mean that the finished game was only going to be a 50 meg download but I may have misunderstood it.

Still I can't wait to get my hands on this next month!

Outside of the game its self, that might be the best download of 2007.

considering I just downloaded 100 megs worth of 6-minute-long interview. I really could care less whether its 50 or 150 megs,

its still tiny in comparison to a box title!

Back