BREAKING NEWS: Arena Manual Available! (July 17, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
EA James Pond has posted the news you've all been waiting for - the Wing Commander Arena manual, Star*Soldier, has been released as a free PDF download! The manual is a 64-page long full color production that's brimming with Arena information and general Wing Commander continuity - we're going to be digging through this one for quite a while, folks... You can download it from EA here (7.7 mb PDF). In addition to being an amazing production in its own right, this is a great indication of the fact that Arena's release is just around the corner...

--
Original update published on July 17, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Without doubts the best WC manual ever.
Lot of info, tip, links to other WC games and WC universe.

And i'm there too :p

L0L That was Great. Man did they pull/steal from a lot of other WC materials I like the adds thought, No Mercy, and Hold the Line. That was great. Quite the extensive timeline too. Time to go through my timeline again and make sure I have it all there. While I don't have high hopes for the game the manual looks good. Thanks Guys. :D

It's seems like a lot of good friends here are in the manual and the attention to detail is pretty great. Peter just mentioned how they even got his love of light fighters into his review of the paktahn :D (FYI He's the reviewer of it too)

So... much... joy... May the wingods be praised and their messenger "Loaf" lauded forever by all and written into song - for it was he who comest bearing a link for this, this... Star*Soldier.

Hehehe, or maybe just a thanks is in order. :D

Wow! There's so many WC references and information in here that I think my heads going to explode! I'll have to agree with the earlier posts, my favorite of the WC manuals. My eternal gratitude goes to whomever is resposible for this, and for free too!

Holy cow, my name is on the second page! A fellow with my name wrote Picking Up The Peace! Of all the WC fans out there, why on Earth would I get a shout out in the Arena manual?

Holy cow, my name is on the second page! A fellow with my name wrote Picking Up The Peace! Of all the WC fans out there, why on Earth would I get a shout out in the Arena manual?

I'm assuming they went through the fan directory at the CIC for names.

This is definitly sweet to see the time and effort go in to a wing commander game now a days and still just can't wait to actually play this game.

This is most definitely the best manual ever. I don't think I ever expected to find reading a video game manual to be such an enjoyable experience. so many little details (I was especially happy to see Doomsday and Stingray are still kicking around, the WC2 pilots were always my favourite.) The timeline was great too, though I wish the history of the twenty year Nephilim war had been included (Though EA may be leaving that for a wing commander VI - I can dream.)

Best of all, I came home the other day to find my brother bought a 360 'on a whim', which means i'll be able to get Arena pretty much as soon as it comes out as opposed to months down the track. Things are looking good.

This is most definitely the best manual ever. I don't think I ever expected to find reading a video game manual to be such an enjoyable experience. so many little details (I was especially happy to see Doomsday and Stingray are still kicking around, the WC2 pilots were always my favourite.) The timeline was great too, though I wish the history of the twenty year Nephilim war had been included (Though EA may be leaving that for a wing commander VI - I can dream.)

That's one of the neat things about it. The manual is full of tons of references to what happened during the Nephilim war, but it also went and left a nice big gap for some later products to potentially fill in.

Best of all, I came home the other day to find my brother bought a 360 'on a whim', which means i'll be able to get Arena pretty much as soon as it comes out as opposed to months down the track. Things are looking good.

Congratulations! Everyone with a system should make sure they have some points in their account so they won't have to wait to play. It's also not a bad idea to make sure your network settings are all up to speed and you can reliably connect with other players (in other games right now).

Back