BREAKING NEWS: Arena Coming 7/25 (July 18, 2007)

it took me 4 replacements until my xbox actually worked. it got to the point til i used the whole stock of premium editions up, so they had to give me a core one! and that worked...ironic.

Wait! I just realized that you're in Australia! There is a bad batch of hard drives, it's been in the news - all stores were asked to recall their in-stock Xboxes this week. They shouldn't have sold you one at all.

Here's a news story on it: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=8056

Well, as it turns out I happened to buy an Xbox just as this HDD problem decided o manifest itself. I went back to the store and tested another FOUR units. The first one had the 3 Rings Of Death problem (I laughed out loud) and the next 2 had the same E 68 error. The last unit I tested, to my surprise actually worked fine. As the guy was putting the unit back into the box it made a loud crack sound. It sounded like the HDD clicking into place so we tested it again, and it still worked okay. Anyway when I finally got home (actually I moved that very same day, so I had been lugging around heavier boxes than the 360 for the last three hours) I stopped unpacking household items and decided to setup my entertainment unit, complete with PS2, HDTV, 5.1 Speakers and a bloody heavy TV. Just as I finished seting up all the wiring and placing everything on the shelf I heard a splitting sound. A split second later and to my complete bewilderment I saw my 360, PS2 and speakers all topple to the ground . *silence*

When I turned on the 360 - sound, no picture. I tried with another set of AV cables but met with no success *sigh*

So after 5 non working units and a painful backache I'm left with a 360 that I damaged myself, a set of good speakers that no longer work and a rage meter that hasn't quite filled up yet. Funnily enough the PS2 took the biggest fall and it still plays okay (although the menus are now displayed in Dutch or something, no crap).

You know I'll still try to get this fucking thing working just so I can play Arena. If that isn't devotion I don't know what is...

....and to top all of that off I have spent the last 2 hours on the phone trying to get my hot water working again. This. Sucks.

I just played for the first time on Xbox Live - it worked fine.

We played PGR3 for three hours. Three hours of being last place, how humiliating. :)
That sounds familiar... I'm still exploring XBox Live. (Well, my wife's playing right at the moment. :D ) Those arcade games are fun, but if the projected release date for Arena is right, then... oh boy! :cool:

BTW, I think I'll contact you via XBox Live - got PGR3, too, and since I'm as new to the game as you, we might just as well try and play together. I'm still quite good at crashing into the next wall... :eek::D

You're welcome to do so but I have to warn you: I play really seldom on the Xbox at the moment. I think it would be best to make a date for it or the chances will be rather slim.

Which timezone are you in? I'm in Germany, so it's GMT +2 hours (because of summer time).

When I turned on the 360 - sound, no picture. I tried with another set of AV cables but met with no success *sigh*

Know what you do? Go back to the store you bought it at and return it to the same guy who sold it to you. He'd be more appreciative of your situation than any other person working there, after unpacking and repacking all those 360s.

Good luck to you, man.

Know what you do? Go back to the store you bought it at and return it to the same guy who sold it to you. He'd be more appreciative of your situation than any other person working there, after unpacking and repacking all those 360s.

Right, after getting so many truly defective units, it's pretty easy to say this was also a defective one that took a few hours to manifest itself. That could easily be what happened, and the bump just helped it along.

Good luck to you, man.

Right, after getting so many truly defective units, it's pretty easy to say this was also a defective one that took a few hours to manifest itself. That could easily be what happened, and the bump just helped it along.

I did just that. Though initially I ran into a little problem as the guy that witnessed all those faulty units doesn't work weekends :rolleyes: - but I managed to sound convincing enough to the weekend manager. They ended up calling the weekday guy over the phone to confirm my story so it all worked out in the end. Lucky number 7 huh? :)

I've rebuilt that shelf and I've warily put the 360 back up there. A possibly dumb move I know but it should hold, fingers crossed. Now all I need now is a decent set of speakers...

Anyway cheers for the sympathy guys, and bring on Wednesday! :p

Wow. After reading all the problems people are having with their 360s, I feel really lucky that mine worked straight out of the box.

Luckily I'm off work Wednesday so I look forward to getting my butt shot off by you guys. See you in space!

Back