BREAKING NEWS: Arena Coming 7/25 (July 18, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Last edited by a moderator:
About time. :)

Wohoo!

Well, how is it: do we meet online at once in a Capship vs Capship game or do you plan to train first some rounds in the single player mode?

there're really only one way to do it...everyone jump in right off the bat, a nice level playing field, and hone their skills on each other :)

man what awesome news!

Gah! I bought a 360 specifically for Arena yesterday but when I took it home and turned it on a E68 error occured (which it turns out is HDD related). So I took it back to the store today and got a replacement. And guess what happened when I got it home and powered it up? Yep, same thing.....Unbelievable. I know the 360 has hardware issues and Microsoft have admitted as much but this is really beyond a joke. Maybe they should reconsider the recall option...

Still, I must play Arena so I'll take it back and get yet another replacment - I think I'll test it at the store this time... :)

Product recalls are done for safety reasons. The failure rate for 360s is abnormally high, but the problems we're hearing about are not hard drive related. I think you just had really bad luck. You can try five more units before Arena is out!

Gah! I bought a 360 specifically for Arena yesterday but when I took it home and turned it on a E68 error occured (which it turns out is HDD related).

Just for curiosity's sake - did you try removing the HD and reattaching it? One of the first things Xbox Customer No-Service tells you to do is to remove the HD to eliminate the possibility of it being the HD improperly connected to the system, and not an outright HD failure.

Alright now I can my work for sure that I have "some other stuff" to do next Wednesday.

Fantastic.

So I'm guessing most of the CIC community will be on XBL on 7/25 eh? Well then when Arena comes out I'm going to do two things.

1) Fly Kilrathi because I always wanted to do that

2) Shoot down as much of the staff of the CIC as possible or die trying.

Product recalls are done for safety reasons. The failure rate for 360s is abnormally high, but the problems we're hearing about are not hard drive related. I think you just had really bad luck.

True that. Peter Moore said as much. Still, for someone who has been burnt twice now by an issue unrelated to the dreaded 3 rings of death, it seems my troubles with the 360 may not be coming to an end anytime soon. Like I said I think I'll be testing the machine at the store this time, though it seems like they've recieved a bad batch (JB Hi-Fi in Hornsby) so I really need luck on my side this time...

You can try five more units before Arena is out!

It's funny you say that because the store I went to only had seven units available at the time, now there's only five left. :D

Just for curiosity's sake - did you try removing the HD and reattaching it? One of the first things Xbox Customer No-Service tells you to do is to remove the HD to eliminate the possibility of it being the HD improperly connected to the system, and not an outright HD failure.

Yep, I called them before I made the trip back to the store. They advised that I disconnect the HDD, play a game for 5 minutes, then reattach - no luck. I was not surprised.... :)

it took me 4 replacements until my xbox actually worked. it got to the point til i used the whole stock of premium editions up, so they had to give me a core one! and that worked...ironic.

Great news about the game, is there any specific time they're released? (gmt)

We can also make our own taunts this time ;)

Yep, I called them before I made the trip back to the store. They advised that I disconnect the HDD, play a game for 5 minutes, then reattach - no luck. I was not surprised....

Wait! I just realized that you're in Australia! There is a bad batch of hard drives, it's been in the news - all stores were asked to recall their in-stock Xboxes this week. They shouldn't have sold you one at all.

Here's a news story on it: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=8056

IIRC XBLA games are released at 9:30 AM PST so adjust accordingly.

They're released at 9:00 AM GMT... which means 5 AM for people on the East Coast and 2 AM for people on the West Coast.

I just played for the first time on Xbox Live - it worked fine.

We played PGR3 for three hours. Three hours of being last place, how humiliating. :)

Back