BREAKING NEWS: Arena Achievement Graphics Revealed (June 20, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Xbox 360 Achievements has posted the Achievement graphics for Wing Commander Arena! You can find them here. For those unfamiliar with the Xbox 360, achievements are electronic 'badges' won for completing various feats in a game - similar to the medals in the original Wing Commander. The Arena achievements themselves had already been published, but the badge graphics themselves are all new. They're fantastic, full of old school Wing Commander references... check out the medals and the familiar Kilrathi symbols! This is also another strong suggestion that Arena's release is imminent - with some exceptions, achievement graphics generally appear mere days before a game is launched.

achievement-01.jpg

Hot Dog (20)
Complete each Ring Game difficulty level

achievement-02.jpg

Commando (10)
Earned ULF Commando Tattoo (15 frags in a Melee match)

achievement-03.jpg

Dogfight (10)
Shot down first pilot in a Xbox LIVE match

achievement-04.jpg

Ace (20)
Defeat 5 ships in a Ranked Xbox LIVE match without respawning

achievement-05.jpg

Untouchable (20)
Reach wave 10 in Gauntlet without ever taking damage to your hull

achievement-06.jpg

TCS Tiger's Claw (10)
Compete a 16 player Capital Ship game

achievement-07.jpg

Hibernation (20)
Reach a streak of 5 in a Bearpit game

achievement-08.jpg

Gunfighter (20)
Win a Ranked Duel with each ship type

achievement-09.jpg

Navigator (10)
Travel through every gold jump gate in the game

achievement-10.jpg

Retro (10)
Reach wave 20 in Meteor Storm

achievement-11.jpg

Paladin (30)
Shoot down 1000 pilots on Xbox LIVE

achievement-12.jpg

Deathstroke (20)
Finish in first place in any Ranked Free For All match

--
Original update published on June 20, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Slight topic drift but still pertains to Arena.

I had issues with my YBox last night - four blinking red lights, to be specific. Thats the old A/V cable error but I think it was more of a "this room is too hot, shut me off!" thing. (I'm at an internet meet in Maine, and we could only figure out how to connect the consoles to one television - on the third floor)

I just tried her now and everything seems to work more or less fine, though the console got "stuck" when I told it to stop detecting for the WiFi network.

More concerning would be how in the hell I'm going to take the day off whenever this game comes out! I just used up all of my vacation, perhaps Ill have to call out sick or something?

Good times, and hope to get those achievements with the fine people on this board.

Slight topic drift but still pertains to Arena.

I had issues with my YBox last night - four blinking red lights, to be specific. Thats the old A/V cable error but I think it was more of a "this room is too hot, shut me off!" thing. (I'm at an internet meet in Maine, and we could only figure out how to connect the consoles to one television - on the third floor)

I just tried her now and everything seems to work more or less fine, though the console got "stuck" when I told it to stop detecting for the WiFi network.

More concerning would be how in the hell I'm going to take the day off whenever this game comes out! I just used up all of my vacation, perhaps Ill have to call out sick or something?

Good times, and hope to get those achievements with the fine people on this board.

I saw this the other day. It's not exactly the same situation but I got a kick out of it.

Looks like we'll all be taking a sick day when it's released. Can't wait for the first game at whatever time of the morning it is released.

Back