Break formation and open presents!

Klavs81

Rear Admiral
I decided to do something with all these 3d printed models cluttering up my office! Happy holidays, wingnuts!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
I considered doing that actually but I like how they look without extra holes. My kids are old enough now that they won't play with them at least. With Florida sun the way it is in December I'm hestitant to decorate with them for fear of bleaching and fading.

Is anyone *cough* Shapeways *cough* allowing the colored stone prints anymore?

Nice work Klavs!!!

You know you could make a small fortune selling these models to the wingnuts.... or am I just hanging out in the wrong part of the forums?

The whole "running an online store at zero profit" thing has become rather exhausting given my current workload, so I've kind of let them fall by the wayside. A number of the Shapeways models should still work though. Shapeways tightened their color printing standards a while ago, so a lot of the finer details don't make it past their auto checks. I will eventually have to remodel the ships in a simpler format.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/terranfleetsupply

Of course, if anybody's interested, none of my 2D art has ever failed at the printer... :)

Ordered the Rapier from Sculpteo, got notified that it was "too weak" in spots, just like you said Klavs. Upped the scale to just shy of 50 mm on the first dimension, all other dimensions automatically resized, and reordered it for a paltry $2.85 extra. I'll let you all know how it comes out, if you're interested.

The F-103 from Shapeways arrived yesterday, looks great! The YF-44 from Sculpteo should arrive in the next few days.

Gotta say Klavs, your work looks just as awesome as a 3D print as it does in your renders.

What I would give for a re-boot of the original games using your models.... (my wife wouldn't like to hear that answer)

Attachments

• F103.jpg
    F103.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 123
Awesome! I've been hearing reports that the Sculpteo color prints are slightly higher quality, I'm curious to see what you think, and to see the YF-44A in reality!

Awesome! I've been hearing reports that the Sculpteo color prints are slightly higher quality, I'm curious to see what you think, and to see the YF-44A in reality!
Indeed, I'll be posting as soon as I can. Really looking forward to it. I'll also post the dimensions I used as an example of what won't get cancelled for being too thin.

Back