Border Worlds Star Graces New Wallpaper (February 11, 2020)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
OliverInk has put together another gorgeous wallpaper image, and this one features the distinguished Banshee light fighter. It's titled "Cry of the Banshee," and you can almost imagine it screaming over the surface of a cold icy world in this setting. Of particular note is the highly detailed source model for the ship. It's not a creation I'm immediately familiar with, and may be a new fan design - perhaps by an artist named Black Chilla? It's very cool, nonetheless. Either image would make a fantastic wallpaper!

--
Original update published on February 11, 2020

Damn that model is good, in particular the attention given to the cockpit. Watch out, @DefianceIndustries, you have competition now! :-P

On the other hand, I'm a bit annoyed at its integration with the background, which could have been done better. I don't know how exactly, but it really feels like a slideshow while DI's wallpapers scream with movement and action.

It does! As does the Vindicator. The two main Border Worlds fighters in WC4 were really great-looking, and undoubtedly one of the reasons why most players didn't hesitate to defect at the very first opportunity. It's really unfortunate that these particular ships are never seen again anywhere.

If only there were 48 hours in a day! Among the many ideas for WC mods that I toy with now and then - and will never actually make - was a sort of WC4 prequel that shows the last months of the war and the run-up to WC4 from the perspective of one of the Border Worlds militias. Alas, I can't even keep up with all the things I have to do, let alone find time for modding.

Back