Block II Wake-Class?

Ilanin

Captain
Just idly musing about the Firekka.

The TCS Firekka is CVE-10. There were, of course, only nine CVEs in the initial run of Wake-class carriers.

It's safe to assume that at some point after the TCS Tarawa returns from Kilrah the Confederation decided that CVEs might be a potentially war-winning weapon and starting converting additional transports. The Firekka was presumably the first of these Block-II CVEs, maybe with a few refinements from lessons learned in Operation Back Lash, maybe not.

I'm curious as to how the Standoff team (or anyone else) sees the Firekka's history, when it was built and entered service, that sort of thing. It's got to have been built by 2667.356, in order for Popsicle to have served on it for a year by that date in 2668...

Hmm... I must have read this post before, but for some reason the new forum marks it as something I haven't read. Which is kinda lucky, since nobody responded to it earlier ;).

Anyway... no, we haven't really given much (or any) thought to the Firekka's history. I don't remember if we know the names of all nine of the initial Wake-class carriers - if we do, then yeah, it would be logical to assume the Firekka was built later. If we don't... then we don't know anything :).

One thing you need to keep in mind, in regards to Popsicle establishing a no-later-than date - when people say "a year", they don't necessarily mean a year. There's some leeway - if you have been working someplace for 11 months, you may say that you've been working there for a year. People tend to round things off.

Back