Best tactics against Vaktoth?

Vaktoth aren't dangerous enough to warrant using missiles on them.

The only ship IMO that would benefit from leaching a Vaktoth is a Hellcat...which no one should be flying anyway...

Arrows can outmaneuver them, Thunderbolts and Longbows can blow them away with guns during forward passes.

The only ship IMO that would benefit from leaching a Vaktoth is a Hellcat...which no one should be flying anyway...

Arrows can outmaneuver them, Thunderbolts and Longbows can blow them away with guns during forward passes.

Okay, it's a little strange. I don't know if any of you have seen the Let's Play series by "BCS Buster" on Youtube. If I recall correctly, the only enemies he ever leeched in the entire game were Vaktoths. (Maybe 1 or 2 Ekapshi too at some point) He packed some Leech missiles for every mission which had Vaktoths. He always used the Arrow, except when the mission required a Longbow, and then later the Excalibur.

Well, he is not too good a pilot overall, especially in WC1/2, but in WC3/4 he seems to know his stuff more or less. However, some statements by him still remain puzzling to me, like the Arrow being "the only ship that'll actually respond to every single command that you make."

Is it just me, or does WC3 seem easier when you crank the difficulty up to "hard"? I turned it up today just to see what would happen, and all I did was kick ass. No problem with Vaktoths or Cap Ships, and I flew the Arrow on every mission that I could (excluding the first Hellcat mission and the Excal test flight). No problems. I tailed Vaktoths and whooped them like I wasn't even trying. Is this normal?

Is it just me, or does WC3 seem easier when you crank the difficulty up to "hard"? I turned it up today just to see what would happen, and all I did was kick ass. No problem with Vaktoths or Cap Ships, and I flew the Arrow on every mission that I could (excluding the first Hellcat mission and the Excal test flight). No problems. I tailed Vaktoths and whooped them like I wasn't even trying. Is this normal?

I don't think its so much that the game gets *easier* its just that only certain *types* of encounters get harder. I don't notice much of difference between ace to crazy with Vaktoth and Cap-Ship encounters.

You will notice however that some ships absolutely start spamming missiles at higher difficulty levels. Vaktoths on hard may not faze you, now that you know how to fight them effectively.

Dralthi on the other hand might absolutely school you, which is very humbling.

Certainly on Crazy I find groups of 4 Dralthi the most difficult encounters in the Pre-Excalibur game.

If you're in an Arrow or T-Bolt out of burner fuel, or a Longbow without any missiles left when Dralthi appear, maybe at the end of a mission....you are toast.

Back