Behind the Arrow (July 29, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
GameTrailers has posted yet another video of Wing Commander Arena's single player space station melee mode. The 1:36 minute video shows off combat from the game's FreeLancer-style 'behind the ship' angle. It actually shows one of the few uses for this 'coolest looking' camera perspective that I've found so far - navigating the hazed dome area of this level. You can watch it online here.

Be aware that Arena features many different maps and modes - including ones like Capital Ship and Bearpit which are a lot more exciting than the cool space station we've seen over and over in these videos.
  • "Ship Blasting Gameplay" (43.2 mb WMV or 38.7 mb MOV)

--
Original update published on July 29, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Which camera angle are you guys tending to use the most in general gameplay?

There's a low resolution clip of a 4m:35s session of the Capship mode up on YouTube -- the Kilrathi get their whiskers cleaned!

Cheers,

Bryn

I use the farther behind camera. It's the 2nd one you get when changing views. Every now and then I do the close in view, but it really takes away from your situational awareness.

Yeah, I can't imagine actually playing with that view. I need to see behind and to the sides, or I can't do anything.

Back