Bearpit Ring Game

I don't know if I'm blind or stupid (...or all the above:D ) but I can't seem to find the the ring game in the Bearpit. I've played the map twice now and haven't saw it yet.

So eh.....how do you play it?:confused:

Look for a blue circular power up around the border of the outer part of the station. There's one on each side. Hit it and ten rings will appear that you have to run through. There are three levels, and they are extremely difficult! And somehow Hades and KrisV managed to complete them today.

You need to use a light or medium fighter for this. A bomber can't complete the tracks because you need to execute a loop for the high and low rings. And time is limited, so you need to hurry. I recommend a medium fighter because you'll need to make some very precise maneuvers and you risk overshooting in the Arrow or Darket. I completed the game in a Dralthi Rhino.

The right stick is instrumental here. Roll left and right to quickly make your way down the track. Keep the right stick pushed back to catch a low ring. Keep it pushed forward to catch a high ring. Keep one eye on the counter at the bottom of the screen. You'll see a number flash when you succesfully move through a ring (this is not always obvious for the low and high rings depending on your camera angle). For some parts you may need to back up a little and realign your ship or you won't be able to do the looping. Be careful that you don't back up through the previous ring or you'll have to start over! Save time by using afterburners for straight sections.

You need to complete the ring game three times in the same bearpit game (it's okay to die between turns). Each time you will be presented with a harder track. You should set up a private game with three other players. Two players can play the ring game (the two ring powerups are located at opposite sides of the arena) while the other two hang out in the pit.

Good luck!

I finally won the Ring Game yesterday - it sounds crummy to people who are still frustrated over it, but practice makes perfect. I'm happy to idle in a private Bearpit if anyone would like to work on it on their own.

The hardest part for me was figuring out how to hit the upper/lower rings with loops. Once I was able to get that element down, it was a matter of persistence to get everything before time ran out. The step up from level 1 to level 2 is rough. Level 3 isn't that much worse than 2.

It's amazing how easy it is once you've done it once. I'm not much of a gamer and it must have taken me 300 tries to get Level 3... but now I can go back and get through all the levels without messing up.

It really is good training for maneuvers in the game... and I'm really happy Wing Commander has a challenge on the order of X-Wing's "gate training" that we can brag about completing now.

Back