Beagle or Baron-Who Will Rule The Skies?

st3lt3k

Rear Admiral
Upcoming Snoopy™ vs. The Red Baron game
Beagle or Baron-Who Will Rule The Skies?
While snoozing atop his doghouse one day, Snoopy has a magical dream. Just like in the celebrated Peanuts® comic strip, he becomes a virtuoso flying ace, piloting his World War I bi-plane in a heroic attempt to foil the plans of his archenemy, the Red Baron. Join Snoopy and friends as you take on the nefarious Baron and his cohorts in this enchanting aerial adventure.
http://www.namco.com/games/snoopy

When I was really into Peanuts a few years ago, I played pretty much every related game I could get my hands on. So, three. All of them were fairly old (the latest was for the SNES), but my favorite was probably Snoopy vs. the Red Baron, an old Atari 2600 game. Lot more fun than I expected; played kind of like a proto-Sopwith. I'm glad to see a new game in that vein, but I'm disappointed Snoopy isn't strapped onto his doghouse.

If anyone is looking for a flying game, skip this and play Crimson Skies, or if you like realistic gameplay, play IL-2 Sturmovik.

I'm sure that with such a well-reasoned discussion of the game, no one will ever buy this game when it comes out. :rolleyes:

Fatcat, I can't imagine why anyone would be so confused as to think this game would even try to be realistic? This is obviously a game designed for fun...like Lego Star Wars or Grim Fandango. I'm looking forward to seeing how it is, I always loved the Snoopy versus the Red Baron matches...that was quality stuff. (Remember the Snoopy vs Red Baron christmas song? Great stuff...)

God you're dumb.
Toché, Loaf. I'm only suggesting that people try Crimson Skies.
Fatcat, I can't imagine why anyone would be so confused as to think this game would even try to be realistic? This is obviously a game designed for fun...like Lego Star Wars or Grim Fandango.
I never suggested that it was trying to be realistic. I suggested that people should skip it in favor of a better arcade-style flying game.

Fatcat said:
I never suggested that it was trying to be realistic. I suggested that people should skip it in favor of a better arcade-style flying game.

So now your psychic? Quick! Tell me the winning lotto numbers for this weekend!!!

Maj. Striker said:
...I can't imagine why anyone would be so confused as to think this game would even try to be realistic? This is obviously a game designed for fun...
I wonder if this Snoopy game mimics the trademark gyroscopic effect of the Sopwith Camel's rotary engine- the kids would love that.

He's always been, why this sudden... dislike?

The Academy "cannon" post. I'm happy to let people be regular-stupid all they want... but once they make themselves noticed with something like that...

I think that this game can be great. It has a very definite target demographic, and if it pleases them, it's good. Simple as that.

Back