Battlefield 2142 demo

Lt.Death100

Spaceman
I recently downloaded the BF2142 demo from Gamespot and I'm immensely impressed. It has everything BF2 had and has come in a much more stable (shorter load times, better performance) format. It also has improved gameplay. Of course this just IMO but what is yours?

I was playing the early beta, while cool and all it just doesn't have much in the way of anything that makes me want to keep playing. I find that's the problem with most of those games, or at least is the case with me. It's all the same, and after about a couple hours play it gets really old.

I'm very wary of this product because of Battlefield 2's track record. BF2 was shoved out the door practically incomplete, and after patch after patch, more problems show up.

Either way, I'm sad that I don't have a connection capable of playing either games. BF2 took up quite a lot of my free time last year.

Battlefield is a strange thing. I first played it at a local Internet Cafe and had immense fun with it. In fact, one of the major reasons I got a new computer last year was because of Battlefield 1942.

I uninstalled it after a week.

Theres just something about it that doesn't click anymore. I love the type of game it is - I've played Star Wars: Battlefront for countless hours - but Battlefield it's self is pretty uninteresting now.

They're running out of ideas. What's next, Battlefield 1914? I'd buy it. Or what about Battlefield Korea? Where's the love for all the forgotten wars?

LeHah said:
Battlefield is a strange thing. I first played it at a local Internet Cafe and had immense fun with it. In fact, one of the major reasons I got a new computer last year was because of Battlefield 1942.

I uninstalled it after a week.

Theres just something about it that doesn't click anymore. I love the type of game it is - I've played Star Wars: Battlefront for countless hours - but Battlefield it's self is pretty uninteresting now.
I think it's just a matter of preference. I personally play it in small doses to keep it fun (Hell, any game can become boring if you play it too much).

But see - I play Unreal Tournament 2004 and Battlefront 2 pretty regularly and I haven't gotten tired of those.

I don't know - something about Battlefield just doesn't click with me anymore, I'm sad to say. I feel like I'm missing out on something.

QuailPilot said:
Battlefield: Napoleonic Wars

A game set on that era would have to be a rail shooter, because soldiers had to fight on very rigid formations. Bah, who cares. But it wouldn't be as much fun without the vehicles. I'm not sure how much fun could be provided by the means of transportation available on the napoleonic era.

carroca.jpg

I can see the fun:

Your vehicle would be a horse.
Your distance weapons would be a single shot pistol and a rifle.
And a bajonet or a knife, or a sabre for up close and personal.
For tanks/artillery you can have a push-around cannon.

Just played BF2142 demo, Not too enthousistic about it, I don't like the idea of taking a checkpoint that turns into a missile silo and starts nuking the other guys baseship.

d3r3k said:
They're running out of ideas. What's next, Battlefield 1914? I'd buy it. Or what about Battlefield Korea? Where's the love for all the forgotten wars?

"BattleField Repletta"? ;)
"Stay away from that Campiegn Mode, you'll kill yourself." :D

Lt.Death100 said:
How about Battlefield 2667! :p

OT: When it comes to mods, I wonder a Kilrathi skin for a "human" guy would ever work, since they look and walk differently. It seems to work with the Khajiit.

BF2 takes too long from double-clicking the icon to actually playing. UT2004 is a lot more hassle-free, for instance.
I hope that the new game's is better on that aspect.

Careful. The boxed game installs spyware on your machine (it monitors your IP address, surfing habits (cookies?), and your computing habits).

http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=13049860

Those who bought it electronically... not so lucky. And I doubt there was a discount on the game to compensate for the in-game ads.

Here's a photo of the disclaimer included in the box - http://www.ssb5.net/users/17966/disclaimer.jpg

I'd suggest waiting for the patch that removes it.

Back