Battlecruisers

There are lots of ways to look at it. One as mentioned that most of it went on cap ships like Midway class and Manowars. The tungsten shortage would be more felt in border worlds where I understand "Arena" takes place. And locals have to use what they have and improvise.

As to OP original question most likely the ships made in core worlds would be bit more advanced.

... Although, the Project Omega ship was supposedly proof against medium-yield (?) torpedoes. The Behemoth was most certainly not invulnerable to torpedo fire. ...
...which mostly was so because it was put into action unfinished, remember?

I don't remember that "Project Omega" though (having read all WingCom books); but the black ops "battlewagon" that was mentioned being developed in one of the books ( Fleet Action ? ) made me think of the Dragon... :D

I don't remember that "Project Omega" though (having read all WingCom books); but the black ops "battlewagon" that was mentioned being developed in one of the books ( Fleet Action ? ) made me think of the Dragon... :D

Bandit LOAF said:
It was the secret "dreadnought class battleship" being constructed by the Confederation during Fleet Action. It was rumored to be fast and stealthy and to carry some kind of 'superweapon'. At the time of the novel it was 18 months away from being tested... so whatever it was it wouldn't have seen service in the actual war.
from here

Back