Bad oops...

Farbourne

Rear Admiral
Stupid Standoff question. I just failed to take down the first Hakaga (the bastard had a single engine left when everybody ran out of torps, all because the Concordia pilots didn't seem to realize that when you're shooting at engines, you have to do so from behind). Anyway, I saved the game to continue on the track I was on, but then tried to re-load to try the mission just one more time...and accidentally started a new game instead.

Now I"m back on the Lionheart, and for the life I me I can't figure out how to load my old game. The "Load Game" is blank, and I can't find a way to switch back to my old character.

Am I hosed? Does starting a new game not only wipe the flight history, but also the save-games as well? Is there a way to recover?

Inside your Standoff directory should be a folder titled 'Stsave', and inside there, a folder exists for each of your Standoff savegames.

You should find that each folder is named after the pilot callsign of the game it represents.

Double click on the folder corresponding to the right savegame, then find 'stautosave.gsw'

Right click, copy this into your main Standoff directory (selecting 'YES' if it asks you about overwriting existing files)

...and you're done. Launching Standoff should now put you back into the autosave from the game you lost.

That mission can be pretty tough, I usually save all my torps and focus on the big boy.

I have found the mission difficult to complete with a Saber and impossible with a Rapier... can't leave the bombing up the AI, ya just can't.

Back