Asteroid field is slooooow

drencrom

Spaceman
I'm playing the prologue missions, and every time the asteroid field is on the screen, it is slooooow. The effect is like a rocket sled hitting a wall of Jell-o. Pursuing pirate fighter...the asteroid belt crosses my screen...lost him. The game runs fine when the asteroid field is not on the screen. How do I adjust the detail settings to fix this?

Your computer can't handle our asteroids. I'll put together a quick "hackish" fix. Standby.

I'm playing the prologue missions, and every time the asteroid field is on the screen, it is slooooow. The effect is like a rocket sled hitting a wall of Jell-o. Pursuing pirate fighter...the asteroid belt crosses my screen...lost him. The game runs fine when the asteroid field is not on the screen. How do I adjust the detail settings to fix this?

Try either the second or the third option.

Well, this laptop is a few years old but I'm still between the "recommended" and "minimum" system specs. The only points I fail are 3 gigs of ram instead of 4. and 256M Radeon instead of 512M.

Thanks for the fix.

Well, I'm past the second mission where the asteroid field is a big factor. Now I'm on the fifth mission where I have to use up all my missiles on the torpedoes and have to figure out how to stop a destroyer with a peashooter. Will try it when there's another mission with lots of asteroids.

Well, I'm past the second mission where the asteroid field is a big factor. Now I'm on the fifth mission where I have to use up all my missiles on the torpedoes and have to figure out how to stop a destroyer with a peashooter. Will try it when there's another mission with lots of asteroids.
Fly inside the shields and kill the missile launcher.

Gonna have to remember those links myself...I'm also running a low-end machine just above the minimum. Haven't had problems with roids yet, but landing on the Wellington was a bit hairy after the first mission.

Try either the second or the third option.
Used the asteroid file. Works a lot better. Makes the mission playable, but I still get some slowdowns/choppiness anytime there are asteroids or capships in my field of view. My system is pretty light, admittedly. Tolwyn, you also recommended turning off OpenGL Shading Language, but I don't know how to do that with the full Saga release. Any suggestions?

Also, If I've got the full Saga release, I don't need the old Prologue release, do I?

Nope, the full Saga release has a improved version of the Prologue included. You can pick that campaign in the campaign menu.

Back