as long as I'm opening threads..

Capn Johnny

Cap'n Johnny
and posting images..

Here is a capship design I did a while back for no particular reason.. its a heavy carrier / dreadnought-esque ship..

Flame away.. especially you, TC.. :D

Ship3P5.jpg

-John

You've got two hangar openings opening out onto one another, which could be the cause of accidents. Otherwise it looks good.

...and that's only on the good days.

Maybe the second hanger is for corvets, radar, and other specialty craft.

Originally posted by Capn Johnny
Here is a capship design I did a while back for no particular reason...
No particular reason... vaguely resembles the Vesuvius line of carriers, methinks... in a very twisted sort of way...

Am I just seeing things, or isn't that a PTC I see on the bottom? :eek:
Nice thing, though. BIIIIG thing! Oughta put the fear o' Confed into a Plunkett, even... For a while. A short while.
It does look like the flight deck/hangars can get clogged up a bit too easily... I mean, just park a Barracuda in front of them, and the pilots have a problem. And not just because the Barracuda is a wanker with bite, but because they'll spend half the mission crashing into it. Whatever. I suppose the turret on top of the 'canyon' can deal with the bugger appropriately. :)

Move that hanger bay forward, add a few more turrets, maybe dual tachyon or CIWS to protect it and it would be a feasible capship design. Seems kinda lightly armed for such a large ship, though. Personally I think there should be more fighter defense and CIWS turrets, especially around your hanger bays.

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
Move that hanger bay forward, add a few more turrets, maybe dual tachyon or CIWS to protect it and it would be a feasible capship design. Seems kinda lightly armed for such a large ship, though. Personally I think there should be more fighter defense and CIWS turrets, especially around your hanger bays.
A ship with a bunch of turrets with gun muzzles bigger than a Devastator is... lightly armed? :)

Originally posted by Quarto
A ship with a bunch of turrets with gun muzzles bigger than a Devastator is... lightly armed?
Hey, didn't notice that. Those are big guns indeed. :)

Originally posted by Quarto

A ship with a bunch of turrets with gun muzzles bigger than a Devastator is... lightly armed? :)

I guess I should have said lightly defended. There isn't a problem with offensive capabilities, it's the defensive capabilities I was refering to. There doesn't seem to be enough fighter defense turrets for a ship that size. Unless of course you want to waste those big guns on trying to shoot down fighter sized craft.:p

Big guns aren't any use unless they're in range of enemy ships, in which case the carrier is exposed - I personally think covering home base's ass should rate a higher priority than gigantic AMG batteries that are only used once or twice, if lucky...

Well.. its got approx 24 dual-mount anti-fighter turrets..

~ 11 top-side..
~ 11 bottom-side..
and a few extra around the engine..

Still.. I suppose a few more wouldn't hurt..

-John

Personaly I'd love to see that baby in action...
perhaps a magnum launch in an asteroid field? :rolleyes:

Seriosly i think maybe the other hanger can be for 'high risk' craft; like the kind that almost crash land so they don't take out all the good fighters

Maybe the long one has the catapults and the short one is for landing... like the Midway or the Tiger's Claw.

Well, you'd still have the chance of collision, unlike the arrangement of the Midway's and Tiger's Claw's (that doesn't sound right :)) launchers and hangars.

Back