Armada this sunday (7/19) 7pm EDT?

wcnut

Rear Admiral
Well it has surely been a while since we have done any games. Anyone interested in playing this weekend?

In case your new, here are directions for playing on Armada and PG on multiplayer.

Directions

1.Download Dosbox 0.73. It is best to use a frontend like DFend-Reloaded or DosBox Game Launcher. (Though it should be noted, at this point you would have to use a beta version of DFend-Reloaded to get all the DB 0.73 options or put them in yourself) but a never the less, it makes configuration A LOT easier.

2. Install Armada in a folder (preferably in a folder in your dosbox folder though It doesn't matter) and install joystick with thrustmaster, if you have a hat switch that is, :) otherwise go without it.

6. In your dosbox.conf file, set: core=dynamic, cycles=15000, (This is best for my laptop your computer may differ) joysticktype=fcs (This enables Thrustmaster emulation in Dosbox), timed=false, and anything else you might desire.

(You will have calibration problems in Armada and PG if it is set timed=true and cycles=max,auto ) (HCl's patched armada.exe and pg.exe is no longer needed with Dosbox 0.73)

4. To play Internet with Armada, Download netbios_binary.zip from the first post on this thread, and place NETBIOS.exe and dll files directly in your dosbox folder. (DO NOT copy dosbox.exe from this folder as it is older and unneeded.)
(Note: PG does not need NetBios.exe)

5. If you want to host, you need to configure your router to forward port 213. It differs from router to router so If you don't know how to do it, I'd check your user's manual.

7. In the dosbox.conf file set IPX=true
On the very bottom of the file, (after [autoexe]) or in dosbox itself type...
mount c [Armada folder dir]
mount b [Dosbox folder dir]*
ipxnet startserver 213 (your forwarded port) OR ipxnet connect [IP adress] (Depending if you are client or host, and the host must be up first as it must connect BEFORE netbios is launched or netbios will change the ip!)
b:*
NetBios.exe*
c:
armada.exe or pg.exe
exit (not needed but is good to be put in conf files as it saves you the hassle of closing dosbox when quitting)

(* = only needed for armada.conf not pg.conf)

That's it, start dosbox!

Be sure to press alt-o to calibrate your joystick and if you cant press the joy1 button because your cursor is all over the place press alt-1

In case you didn't get them here are some custom taunts I made for armada featuring some of the classic taunts from WC2 (drakhai) and WC3 (Blair and Kilrathi) here.

Put them in your armada folder (works only for armada not pg)

Interesting numbering on the instructions. I won't be around to play this weekend, but more people need to play Armada online. It's really great!

Back