Argh.... Maya Problems & Modding News

StarSaint

Rear Admiral
Unless I can get my copy of maya working(key wont work), I think we are gonna need someone who knows how to convert LW, and 3DSM files to Maya wavefront format.

IF anyone knows how or knows someone willing, or is willing please speak up we are interested.

Modding NEWS

Ok i've had to reinstall for the 4th time this day after modding files, I officiall am going on a break for 2 weeks... Hope fully the 3rd party tools will work good, or the Official tools will be out by then.

i guess its good though for the break, gives me time to work on the website, YES i know its had a lack of updates

Do you want to convert to Wavefront Objects (.obj)? If that's the case then I would suggest getting Lightwave's plugin to export to MS3d, and then using MS3d's export to obj. Otherwise, I'm assuming I'm misunderstanding the question.

Well i am, but converting to .obj isn't a problem cause i can do that with 3D Exlporation...

but the models i convert dont keep their texturing...

still leaves me that prob...
but lemme see if i can get that plugin and if it'll keep its textures when exported

I don't use Maya or Lightwave but I would assume that there should be a plugin for both that would allow to export to .obj, it's a very common format...

Back