Arena Preview - GameSpy (May 10, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Electronic Arts held their "Summer Preview 2007" last night, which included a demo of Wing Commander Arena for the press. As such, we expect to see several previews in the next few days... and the first up is GameSpy:
Wing Commander Arena seems to evoke Subspace's hectic vibe brilliantly. While there is a single-player component, the game is all about the multiplayer. 16 players can battle it out on a variety of different maps -- some of which are wide-open, while others more "mazey" -- in either free-for-all battles, or team matches. The action takes place on a 2D plane, with a few key concessions that utilize the Z-axis, evasive maneuvers like loops and barrel rolls and. Attacks are mapped to your triggers and shoulder buttons, with each one deploying a different weapon.
You can read the entire article here. Their primary complaint is that the game doesn't have any depth of mythology, and I can say from personal experience that that aint so. We're going to see some neat continuity material before this is over...

--
Original update published on May 10, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I think they're taking a bit much from a very old press release... I'm not familiar with any gravity bombs.

Could be LOAF, there was that concept art achievement that was definately in the shape of a traditional "dumb" bomb, a lot of the writing on Arena seems to pull from the very early press releases and not look to see if there is updated info out there.

Back