Are the Mantu and the Nephilim one and the same?

Does anyone have a list of all the sentient races / governements in the Universe?

I've got

1) Humans- Terran Confederation, UBW, Landreich, Tri-Systems Confederation, etc...

2) Kilrathi- Empire of Kilrah, and later the Assembly of Clans

3) Nephilem- The Aligned Peoples?

4) Firekkan- The Firekkan Alliance

5) Double Helix

6) Mantu

7) Varni (sp?)

Any others?

Wing Commander I - Humans, Kilrathi, Double Helix, Firekkans, Mopoks.

Fleet Action - Hari, Gorth, Sorn, Ka Utara, Mantu.

Action Stations: Varni, Wu, Eyoka, Jarma, Hagarin, Yan, Shata.

Academy - Dioscuri, Dolosians, Oasians

Prophecy - Nephilim

I guess the question is then: what exactly is the Terran Alliance?

The 'Terran Alliance' was a concept that wasn't made very distinct. It's referenced several times in the 1994 manuals and is the source of the 'Combined Forces' logo seen throughout Wing Commander III. The idea is that it's the equivalent of being 'the Allies' in World War II -- it's the Terran Confederation (including its six or seven species) plus various independant nations joining to oppose the Kilrathi -- maybe Varni survivors, the Landreich, the Grovsner Colonies and such.

(So, basically the answer is that we have no idea who's a member of what, save that the Firekkans were members of the Terran Confederation from 2655 to 2668.)

My memory is a bit rough at this point in time (which is why I'm rereading End Run this past week) but aren't the Firekkans part of the 'Terran Alliance' until they leave the table during Fleet Action?

No, they formally joined the Confederation. Think Texas joining the Union as opposed to the US and Russia being friends to fight Hitler.

Bandit LOAF said:
I guess the question is then: what exactly is the Terran Alliance?

The 'Terran Alliance' was a concept that wasn't made very distinct. It's referenced several times in the 1994 manuals and is the source of the 'Combined Forces' logo seen throughout Wing Commander III. The idea is that it's the equivalent of being 'the Allies' in World War II -- it's the Terran Confederation (including its six or seven species) plus various independant nations joining to oppose the Kilrathi -- maybe Varni survivors, the Landreich, the Grovsner Colonies and such.

(So, basically the answer is that we have no idea who's a member of what, save that the Firekkans were members of the Terran Confederation from 2655 to 2668.)

Who/what are the Grovsner Colonies?

Back