Any updates on Prophecy MP Patch?

HCl Posted this in the UE forum two days ago: http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=19937

Well, i could say i've been "busy with work" lately, but that doesn't even begin to describe the crazy work hours i put in on past month. News is good however, since I did manage to finish the project i was involved with, and with that milestone out of the way i will have a couple of days off that i will be able to divert to MP patch development. Some fault tolerance mechanisms and improvements i had planned to introduce into the network code were actually finished today, and the network packets were optimized enough to allow modem players to participate in 8 player battles (in theory).

When will the first version be released? Well, there will be a testing session this weekend where the latest code will see some action. I will be able to tell more by then, either way.

Mario

Things went fairly well. The patch is still not 100% bugfree as i had hoped, as Hades still ran into an unexpected crash with the latest DLL version (deathcam related, probably), but i think it is getting close. Since then i added 8 player support (the current code supported only 4 so far) and added a few exit triggers for cases where you could be stuck in the game (if the server went down or all players disconnected), so we'll probably need another testing session in a day or so.

Once the main code is declared fairly stable, which i'm hoping will not that much longer, it's just a matter of creating a small launcher to make the process of connecting user friendly.

On this topic, what kind of modes does(or will) the re-enabled code support?

Deathmatch, co-op, teams, etc?

For the first release there will be deathmatch and team deathmatch modes. Other game modes are planned and will be implemented for a later release.

Lt.Death100 said:
Any work on coop?

This gets asked and answered in every thread on the subject. Coop is included in "other modes" that are on the plan for later down the road.

ChrisReid said:
This gets asked and answered in every thread on the subject. Coop is included in "other modes" that are on the plan for later down the road.
Sorry, I don't even really know why I asked that question. But however are there plans for more advanced modes such as last man standing or a CTF-style mode?

Space CTF, hahaha. the thought of a Panther flying around with a flag on top is pretty entertaining!

Dyret said:
Space CTF, hahaha. the thought of a Panther flying around with a flag on top is pretty entertaining!
More like a special package of intel/maps/blueprints than a flag. Both sides try to get it to either learn the info or hide the info.

A flag works just as well of any of that actually. The problem with CTF is that you should really have some obstacles and terrain to deal with. Dashing directly to one point and back isn't that great of a mode.

perhaps placing picket vessels on the route to and from may make it more interesting and challenging...

Back