Any Interest in a WC Radio Play?

Deshrill

Spaceman
Hey, I realize I haven't posted here in quite some time, but I've been dabbling with the idea of producing a WC Radio Play.

I have produced fan-performed computer game radio plays in the past-- 3 episodes based on the LucasArts game The Secret of Monkey Island and 1 episode based on the Sierra Online cult favorite Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers.

Anyone, below are the questions in the survey... Please respond if you have a few free minutes as your responses will result in whether a WC Radio Play gets produced!

---

1) Should a Wing Commander Radio Play be produced? (YES/NO)

2) Should it be based on a WC Novel, Game, Fan-Fic, or Original Story?
If so, please give details...

3) If a WC Radio Play were produced, in what aspect would you want to participate (Audition for a Role, Co-Write the Script, Assist in Producing, Etc)

---

Many thanks and Happy Wing Commandeering!

1) Yes.

2) It should be based on a good solid story. Treading over the same material we've already experienced might be a little less exciting. However, I have no idea if you can or can not make an appealing original story. If I had to choose from an existing WC product it would be Action Stations.

3) I would listen to it with all I've got.

Thanks for the comments thus far...

I do own all the Wing Commander novels, so possibly basing it on one of the books makes sense-- a lot of people have played the games, but haven't read the books, some of which cover non-game events. Ideally, I'd have someone more steeped in WC lore than I (such as BanditLoaf) do a polish/rewrite on my script for continuity purposes.

I'm not going to decide for sure what WC property to adapt until I get more responsses to this thread, but the final product will be in mini-episodes lasting 5 minutes-- my sound editing (and web page design) has improved a lot since my earlier Computer Game Radio Plays!

the problem with basing it out of an existing piece of fiction is that you have to get the author's permission to use his work. also its usually a good idea to get them to collaborate on the "Screenwriting" so that you dont mess things up in the transition.

my suggestion would be to take and collaborate with one of the writers on the board and use their work for this,

do it, i would listen, and i would find a way to either keep it or would hot button it

Back