Any interest in a community starlancer play-through.

I'd be interested, but bear in mind that I just got into the game, and I don't have a full version yet. Maybe sometime after the tenth of December.

Well, we can wait a little longer for you to obtain a copy, and as previously posted, they are not that hard to find.

I have StarLancer. I've never played it online and I'm just now getting back into it after several years, though I've often played a lot of FreeSpace (again, not online), which I think has a similar feel (moreso, I think, than the original Wing Commander games). If this gets started up, I might be able to play in, say, a week or so from now. That's a bit of a big "might" though. I'm US-based, by the way.

I have StarLancer. I've never played it online and I'm just now getting back into it after several years, though I've often played a lot of FreeSpace (again, not online), which I think has a similar feel (moreso, I think, than the original Wing Commander games). If this gets started up, I might be able to play in, say, a week or so from now. That's a bit of a big "might" though. I'm US-based, by the way.
Well, the more, the merrier :)

And as for how similar it plays to wing commander vs. freespace, I'd consider it more like playing wing commander 3/4 but everyone has low-powered guns and really, really thick shields and armor.

Since it seems like there are quite a few players, please PM me if you have not already started. I could get back into the game despite the number of missions. New machines need to use only one affinity, or else you'll crash on missions.

We have not started yet.... Still waiting on time/date ideas... And agree on timezones.. sunday seems the best option where some of us can play in the morning whilst for others it would be evening?

I cannot play on Sundays or Saturdays. Also I never heard of the affinity problem (or if I have, then I set it when I installed it a while back and since have forgotten about it due to not having had problems since I started playing again). As it stands now, weekday afternoons and evenings (GMT -6 hours) are the best shot for me, especially for the next three weeks or so.

Back