Any interest in a community starlancer play-through.

Mace

Vice Admiral
Got a message from Jason Ryock on setting this up, we need a time and date for us all to link up, and possibly play through a few missions at a time or the entire campaign.

Starlancer runs fine on windows7 in '98 comp. mode, and honestly it is only the backdrops in flight that show the age of the game.

Starlancer has a pretty good coop campaign! Even the Dreamcast supported it, I believe.

Dreamcast support is actually still up and running these days. But there never was a dedicated server system for the PC online, right? I looked on it through the dungeons of lancer's reactor and found there is no dedicated server package, so we need a "live" host.

I just purchased starlancer but am stuck in an "I want to play through Wing I-IV and Privateer again" phase with all this Star Citizen stuff going around...

I just purchased starlancer but am stuck in an "I want to play through Wing I-IV and Privateer again" phase with all this Star Citizen stuff going around...

All the WC games are available at GOG, including Privateer. Just sayin'.

Me, I've never tried out Starlancer, and would like to know where I might find it (preferably online).

Playing through starlancer I noticed a lot of similarities to SQ:42's trailer, save the uniforms and universe namesakes similar to WC.
But ofcoure, time is limited as an adult.

All the WC games are available at GOG, including Privateer. Just sayin'.

Me, I've never tried out Starlancer, and would like to know where I might find it (preferably online).

What I meant was, I've started that phase. Just started Secret Missions 1...got a ways to go

One quick clarification posted from the Kickstarter by RSI:
To clarify, it's NOT the "how to play the game" manual... you'll get that no matter what level you're at. :) If you're familiar with Wing Commander, it's more on the order of the Claw Marks in-universe fiction manual...

Found the trial version of Starlancer at CNET over the weekend. After taking the time to reset my Internet options the way they were before CNET jacked with them, I got the opportunity to play through the first mission. Decent game - kinda sucks that they toss shooting down torps at you right out of the chute; I take it that letting the comm station get blown up was a bad thing. Next thing is obviously to learn how to fly in that game - there's no manual to read with the trial version, so that'll be interesting.

So...I'd like to know what the differences are between the trial version and the full version. Not sure how the best way of going about doing that is, other than asking folks around here who have played the full game and then describing my own experience. I've already convinced myself to part with the less than five bucks it'll take to pick up the game from Amazon (but not before Christmas; my wife has an annoying habit of taking anything I buy for myself in the two months prior to Christmas, wrapping it up and putting it under the tree).

Never even knew there was a trial/demo. Liely you don't have access to all the ships and missions, and they probably did cut out on the cinematics too...

As for how to fly, the default setup feels natural to a WC vet... If you press escape you can reasssign any function to any key or button. If you can't remap the keys, you just found a limitation to your version :cool:

Not sure just how many missions there are yet - I know I can get to the first two missions. Can't get to any of the extra stuff between missions (no news feeds, etc.). Game jumps straight into the briefing for the first mission; haven't seen any cinematics at all. I did find the key that brought up the key-map, so I was able to muddle through the first mission. Leaned too heavily on the 'burners as it turned out...had nothing left for the last dogfight.

It does have the option for multi-player on the main menu, but I don't know if it's functional or not. Won't know until I go home; probably won't be able to check until 01Z at the earliest.

I've played thru the game a few times. The match speed key really helps, although there are missions where your afterburners will run out even with multiple backups. There are some pretty good ships, although you should avoid the one with low agility(or whatever the stat was for turning rate).

Not sure just how many missions there are yet - I know I can get to the first two missions. Can't get to any of the extra stuff between missions (no news feeds, etc.). Game jumps straight into the briefing for the first mission; haven't seen any cinematics at all. I did find the key that brought up the key-map, so I was able to muddle through the first mission. Leaned too heavily on the 'burners as it turned out...had nothing left for the last dogfight.

It does have the option for multi-player on the main menu, but I don't know if it's functional or not. Won't know until I go home; probably won't be able to check until 01Z at the earliest.

Just found the version you are playing. They are two exclusive missions (like the WCP demo's), that take place outside (before) the main campaign.

I see. So they aren't actually included in the full game.

Have you tried to see if the multi-player aspect works?

I love Starlancer to bits... have done ever since playing the trail version many years ago. If people are wanting to try a multiplayer game I'd really be interested in joining in.

As far as it goes... I'd consider myself a veteran at the game (if only because I can complete the last mission without resorting to the stealth ship (the Shroud).

There's 24 missions in the full game which get progressively harder. You do need to practice your torpedo drill though as it crops up a lot. A move I like doing is moving to an intercept position and cutting the engines... firing all the while using blind-fire (a mode that the American ships have the auto tracking), You should be able to take out most of a salva that way.

Understood. It looks like the menu option is there in the trial version, but you can't select it. It would've surprised me if it had worked, to be quite honest.

I can confirm that there is no mutliplaying in the trail version (I have both versions myself)
Multiplayer is more fun in my opinion when you are playing the campaign together.

And then we are back where we started, are there a few wingnuts to find to play through the campaign together? And on what date&time?

Back