Another possible Multiplayer outlet for the WCNews Crowd

KaiOsprey

Spaceman
Hey fellow Wingnuts,

I just noticed that Vegastrike has put out a new beta program that includes a multiplayer section. They are looking for beta testers, and it seems like a good opportunity for us Wingdingers to get together for some wholesome family fun and kill one another.

I know many of you here thoroughly enjoy the Vegastrike Mods of the Privateer Remake, and Gemini Gold. Hence the reason I decided to give this out to the WCNews crowd.

I have not downloaded the files yet, but I will as soon as I get home and settled. Seems like a great opportunity for us to get together and have some WC styled multiplayer action.

The link can be found here: http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/devblog/?p=25

Just seems like it has a lot of potential to be fun.

Hope this helped,

KaiOsprey

Don't worry about it. We are aware of its existence though, however unfortunate that may be.

sorry dudes, just a question, because there seems to be a bad general attitude towards vega strike from the WCcommunity...but why?

Instead of taking time for a response, I'll just point to previous comments on the subject of VS by LOAF, here

:(

Just for the record folks, I had no idea about the politics of Vegastrike, Privateer Remake, or Gemini Gold. I tend not to looks for such things, and I tend to ignore posts that I consider trolling when I read up on game forums. I was just trying to point out a possibility for multiplayer nerds like myself.

I have been in several gaming communities, mostly online role-playing communities, that were filled to the brim with politics, drama, and backbiting. I sort of thought WC News would be different. Guess we really do learn something new everyday.

Feel free to completely delete the original post. I do not want to be the guy that brings forth controversy and drama on this forum. My intentions were innocent enough, but as they say “The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions.”

I suppose I should just not post anything for a while until I get a feel for the general “aura” of this forum. Being a newbie can be a pain in the butt, especially if the newbie does not wish to filter through reams and reams of posts looking for potentially “offensive” subjects.

Once again, you all have my apologies.

Kai

Don't be silly. Nobody's angry at you. We could have so many more things to say about Vegastrike and Privateer Remake (not Gemini Gold, since it is actually a very good effort at reproducing an authentic Wing Commander experience without any self-righteous bullshit from its creator), but nobody really wants to open that can of worms up again.

Suffice it to say Vegastrike is not a happy topic here. :>

I wouldn't worry about it. If Vega Strike's multiplayer is fun then people should play it and ignore the politics. The last time I played Vega Strike the game was a mess... but if it's better now and people can have a Wing Commander-like experience, then I certainly wouldn't stand in their way.

(That said, between official releases like Arena and WCPGBA and fan patches for Armada and Prophecy then we actually have an embarassment of riches when it comes to multiplayer WC games of late.)

Instead of taking time for a response, I'll just point to previous comments on the subject of VS by LOAF, here

Seconded, when are they going to realize they aren't welcomed here, ATC... I surprised he's not already holding a mop and bucket. I'm sorry, but I tried it, and I don't know what people see in it. Vegastrike sucks!

Oh, this is a Vega Strike thread. * Clicks back button *

My eyes are watering from laughing at this, bravo!

I have been in several gaming communities, mostly online role-playing communities, that were filled to the brim with politics, drama, and backbiting. I sort of thought WC News would be different. Guess we really do learn something new everyday.

Kai

Isn't this like the bashing we usually take from Vegastrike evangelists? They come here and introduce thier stuff and then call us immature, or drama queens, or something as such for just not wanting to listen to em?

frostytheplebe, it'd be nice if you didn't a) jump on someone for a mistake made in ignorance (or, for that matter, jump on anyone at all), and b) try to "backseat moderate" the forums.

Both of those are ways of getting banned from the forums.

Do yourself a favor, and re-read the rules, particularly items 1 and 5.

Or, short form: chill out.

And there's no situation! Enjoy Vega Strike if you find it fun! If everyone hated all the stuff I hate, nobody would like anything! Ever!

frostytheplebe, it'd be nice if you didn't a) jump on someone for a mistake made in ignorance (or, for that matter, jump on anyone at all), and b) try to "backseat moderate" the forums.

Both of those are ways of getting banned from the forums.

Do yourself a favor, and re-read the rules, particularly items 1 and 5.

Or, short form: chill out.

My apologies, you're right, I did go a little overboard. I guess I'm still a little jumpy after that pasting the WC Pioneer crew got from the "Vegangelists" when they were talking about thier project. But I jumped the gun here, and again, I apologize.

In any case, i gave Vega a try, and I think I agree w/ Loaf and will stick to the WCP online...

You're right there - there was no excuse for the Vega Strike people specifically trolling the Pioneer board... but that sort of conversation is still 'on topic' at the regular area.

Back