Another news update

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
This update's taken a little longer than planned... but it's only a little over a month since the previous one, so we are still doing fairly well, I guess ;). On the up side, though, this update includes a whole bunch of screenshots.

Standoff Update said:
With just over a month since the last update, we've been able to make quite a significant amount of progress. Episode 4 isn't done yet - we still have some mission tweaking to do, a lot of voiceovers still to be added (a small amount needing to be recorded, first), a lot of cutscene music to be done, and a few FMV scenes (but all the complex ones are done, the remaining few are just the usual talking heads convos). In short, it's highly unlikely that we'll release Episode 4 in August - but, fingers crossed, we should at least get to the point where we can announce a release date we can keep.

Finally, we've added a bunch of new screenshots - nine of them, to be exact. First, there are two shots with the Hakaga (which, if you look closely, has sustained a bit of damage). Then, we have three shots of a minefield - but a real minefield this time, with hundreds and hundreds of mines! And finally, we have four shots from FMV scenes. Enjoy! :)

One thing worth adding is that we haven't yet selected our new beta tester (and in fact, we're considering taking on more than one), so if you're interested, you can still apply. Currently, we're planning to wait another few days with the tester - when we put together the next version of the install package, we'll contact our chosen tester(s) and make a small announcement here, as well :).

Screenshots look great. Although seeing all those Kats that close to home with no one to greet them just seems impolite...is that a klaxon I hear? :D

Yeah, it's a lot of cats - these things are getting pretty epic... Ep 4 missions are my new favorites. :p

How did you do the minefield thing? I'm just wondering because I think it might be useful in Wing Commander 1 Remake if I can re-do what you have done with the mines in Standoff.

How did you do the minefield thing? I'm just wondering because I think it might be useful in Wing Commander 1 Remake if I can re-do what you have done with the mines in Standoff.

I was curious about that too, I didn't think it would be possible to have anything but vanilla, unmoving asteroids in VISION.

I was curious about that too, I didn't think it would be possible to have anything but vanilla, unmoving asteroids in VISION.

It isn't possible.
But there are some amazing DLL hackers out in the standoff team or supporting the standoff project.

I don't think we'll be giving that away - knowing how it's done would spoil the fun.

Maybe the team could release the details a few months afterwards. After all, I recall cloaking being stated as being very difficult / next to impossible in Vision, yet last episode saw Strakha introduced to Standoff. :)

[Apologies if my memory is fuzzier than it usually is...]

Actually, no, we never managed to implement the Strakha in the Vision engine.

...We went with the Shok'lar instead :D.

Back