"American Fighter Pilot" Now on DVD

Worf

Vice Admiral
A little more than 3 years ago, there was a TV show on CBS called "AFP: American Fighter Pilot". CBS canned it after 2 episodes, and a number of us have rallied for a DVD of the entire miniseries (8, but combined to 7, episodes).

Well, it turns out that it's now available on DVD from Amazon.com.

NOTE: This is completely different from the IMAX movie "Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag".

No links to avoid spamming charges - otherwise I'd link the Amazon.com page and my web site on AFP.

Any other details- storyline, actors etc. you could give us? I've never heard of this.
Though I do remember a show called Supercarrier, from my younger years, that was pretty cool. It seemed to be trying to cash in on the succes of Top Gun.

Worf said:
No links to avoid spamming charges - otherwise I'd link the Amazon.com page and my web site on AFP.

There's a difference between posting the links relevant to a discussion you're starting and spamming. If you're going to go ahead and tell everyone Amazon has them and you have a website about it, you might as well post the links.

The basic "storyline" was you had 3 student pilots learning the F-15 Eagle jet. It covers their basic training and failures, as well as containing some real training scenes in the jet (very nice). Plus, it adds on the human element - their families and children, and the social parts.

For those who wanted to be a fighter pilot, it's one of the few documentary-reality shows that are available.

I haven't really checked to see if my website contained anymore information (remember it aired on CBS in 2002 - a little over 3 years ago, in fact). You can see - http://worf.dyndns.org/AFP/ . I just know there's more than a few interested people on this board who are interested (besides me).

Back