Amazon Adds 3D Printer Section (June 20, 2013)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
In yet another sign that 3D printing is becoming more and more mainstream, Amazon.com has opened up a dedicated 3d printer store. They stock things such as raw filament, CAD software and the replicating devices themselves. Just eighteen months ago, we considered it news that a unit built for home use was available for just $2,000. Now there are a couple dozen different consumer grade printers in stock, and some of the cheaper ones are approaching $1,000. Still, until the prices come down a little more, I'll be picking up my models at Shapeways and shopping Zombie Apocalypse Supplies when I'm at Amazon!

--
Original update published on June 20, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Well get it now, because the federal government is talking about regulating 3D printers and printing supplies like firearms.

Bah! I really dont need any more reasons to buy one...i'll give in one day, but my bank account wont like me for it

I was looking at the buccaneer printer the other day, when prices are getting to that level, you have to wonder whats around the corner. Will they ever get as cheap as desktop printers? [I certainly hope so!]

Back