Alpha Test Game 4

Turn 35EP:

So, neither Archon nor Bravo1 have to do anything in 35EP, and that was an hour ago. Why has the game not progressed to 36MP yet?

Hmm. The orders remaining count went bad somewhere. Somehow it got to a -1 on 'orders remaining' without hitting 0. i.e. it was at 1, and 2 orders were submitted. This isn't supposed to be possible (if you have 2 orders to submit, the 'orders remaining' counter should have been at 2). This jumped it straight to -1, and locked up the turn as being 'processed' already. I pushed it to 0 manually and the turn generated.

So, hopefully you've now noticed the 'needs to hit' value display that I added a few turns back (mentioned above). Has that clarified things? Are you guys able to look at it and understand where the value comes from (and is it always correct)?

Yes, it's clarified things greatly. So far it's been correct too...I hadn't been paying attention to factors like range and speed prior to that point.

So far it's been correct; will continue to monitor. If I'm not mistaken, it should be ten for me to hit Bravo1 this turn and nine for him to hit Archon. I don't really think I'm going to buy it this round, but it is in the realm of possibilities if the number generator decides it likes Ironduke...

Haha, that was fun - great match! :)
Now we won't be able to test the To Hit display, but I guess we'll start a new (smaller) game in the near future anyway...

By the way, it showed me when I put in my last order, but for capi, it just showed the variable names ("{hour}"). Apart from that, though, I liked this feature. Guess we're coming closer to the turn deadline function...? ;)

Now we won't be able to test the To Hit display, but I guess we'll start a new (smaller) game in the near future anyway...
I think I will be starting a Game 6 soon. Game 5 is a really interesting game that is showing off a lot of the issues with large maps, but it also is going slow. I think I'm going to focus its testing more on the large-scale aspects, and accelerate along another smaller sized game. Next on my general development list is line-of-sight issues. I think what I will do, for game-creation simplicity, is outright duplicate Game 4, and just add in some asteroids in the middle. Then I'll ask for volunteers to take control of the same sets of ships as before (even if they are completely different or similar people).

I'm a bit busy IRL at the moment (you may have noticed a slow down in my bug fixes). I suspect in about a month i'll have more free time to actually tackle the LOS issues. Once they've been roughed in, I'll probably start said Game 6.

For now, I'll be focusing on the Game 5 issues, possibly as far as adding in the auto-turn kickover feature after a fixed timer of ~3 days or something. TBD over in the other thread.

By the way, it showed me when I put in my last order, but for capi, it just showed the variable names ("{hour}"). Apart from that, though, I liked this feature. Guess we're coming closer to the turn deadline function...? ;)
I think this is the same thing that was posted over in Game 5. It should be fixed now. I had had a small bug in the new static count-up-from-last-order.

Yes! Go away or you'll get more of the same!!!!

Um.....wait a minute. That's not my line, is it...

Avacar, I need to report a bug. There's a big fiery ball where my fighter should be and I can't find the submit orders button for it.

On behalf of my pilots, just let me say AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! IT BBBBBBBBUUUUUUURRRRRRRNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Seriously, good match. I don't think I wound up doing too bad for my first game. Looking forward to the next one; y'all let me know when you're wanting to get Game 6 going.

Back