Not open for further replies.

Bob McDob

Better Health Through Less Flavor
Now Hear This:

• Reckoning is not dead;
  • I don't run this mod, warzog does.
  • There are new websites (under construction);

and (which should be of most interest):

• a new release is coming within a few days.

In the meantime, you can refamiliarize yourself with Freelancer in style by checking out the Wing Commander Freelancer 2.2 mod. Gemini's gone, due to persistant crashes, but everything else is the same. If you want to best contribute to the further development of this mod and ensure a playable future product, the best way to do that is to download this, give it a test run, and give feedback on the forums.

Happy privateering, all.

ACTUALLY...
The mod's title is: "Wing Commander FL" Not "Wing Commander Freelancer."
And the current version is v2.6, which still has a few more days of beta testing to go.

The reason for the change?
While working on Privateer: The Reckoning, I had some people check out a couple of the new ships.
They suggested releasing a new ship pack, which I did, but I began getting reports of the same types of bugs that Reckoning suffered from.
This made me realize that many of Reckoning's problems were actually ship-related problems, so I've concentrated on fixing the ships.
I've chosen the Wing Commander name to help spark new interest, and to differentiate it from the plethora of other Privateer Projects.

My ultimate goal is to do a Privateer: The Reckoning style mod, but placed in another sector.
Epsilon appears to be the current leader due to it's Confed-to-Border World-to-Kilrathi ratio, which would make for some interesting play.

Once all of the ships are fixed, I still plan on fixing Privateer: The Reckoning v4.65, so that it's a working mod, and then I'll build a new sector for Wing Commander FL.

warzog said:
Once all of the ships are fixed, I still plan on fixing Privateer: The Reckoning v4.65, so that it's a working mod, and then I'll build a new sector for Wing Commander FL.

Well, let us know when you update the ship pack again. If you have some pictures and stuff, we can share them with everyone.

Bandit LOAF said:
Maybe 'FL' stands for FreeLancer.
Yeah, well, it may be a small distinction, but I think Wing Commander FL sounds better than Wing Commander Freelancer.

As to pics, I'll send you some screenshots along with the mod.
(Hopefully, this weekend.)

Yeah, well, it may be a small distinction, but I think Wing Commander FL sounds better than Wing Commander Freelancer.

They both sound pretty awful... but I don't think there's ever been an especially well named fan project. Harping on how people should properly abbreviate your project's name isn't a great way to start out, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back