A strange bug...

warzog

Spaceman
I've got the latest version of the WC:U files, and I'm experiencing a rather strange, and annoying bug:
Whenever I land on a base or a planet, I continue to hear every shot being fired in the system I'm in.
I hear shots fired, shields being hit, armor being shot off, ships being destroyed, etcetera.
I don't hear any comms, fortunately.
Bases like Perry, and New Constantinople, are so active that I'm forced to turn my speakers off due to the continuous din.
At first I thought that it might've been from my hacking the save game's to increase my money, or by using my custom ship textures, but I still get it with a full reinstallation.

Well...
THEY ARE!?!!
I was running the Brilliance misssion for Tayla, to Hector base in the Troy system...
I used afterburner's from the jump point to Hector, with the Militia or Confed hot on my tail the entire way...
I landed on Hector, and I could still hear my afterburners...
THEN...
I hear someone yell, This is your last Brilliance run, Pirate, followed by shields being shot up, and armor being blown away!
I headed to the ship upgrade to repair my ship...
Then I'm in an ejection pod with someone saying, Target Eliminated!
I tried steering the pod...
Nothing!
I tried CTRL + D...
Nothing!
I tried ESC + Q...
Nothing!
Only thing that worked was ctrl+alt+del.
(And it took 5 minutes to restore my desktop!)

I went to check the stderr.txt and stdout.txt files, but the only ones there were almost an hour old.
So, no way to find out what happened.

Also...
When I left the pirate base in Pentonville, on that mission for Tayla, and I got swarmed by a gazillion pirates, my Centurion's rear turret refused to go auto.
I tried ctrl+w and ctrl+i, but it wouldn't fire a single shot.
(It was rotating, but not firing.)
But once I reached 119CE, Junction, and Pender's Star, it was firing at everything!
(Including Jumpholes!)

On another occassion, it would only use the tractor beam on targets.
(I tried several times to select the guns, but it kept using the tractor beam.)

Does changing "<var name="simulate_while_docked" value="true"/>" in the physics section of the vegastrike.config file from "true" to "false" work for you?

mat_yarrow said:
Does changing "<var name="simulate_while_docked" value="true"/>" in the physics section of the vegastrike.config file from "true" to "false" work for you?
Good question!

I'll try that, and see if it helps.
(It sounds like it should.)

I just checked out the config files for Vega Strike, and the Privateer Remake, and neither of them has it, so that's probably the problem.

Thanx! :D

Back