A random poll

Who contributed most to the downfall of the Kilrathi Empire?

• Col. Christopher Blair

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Admiral Geoffrey Tolwyn

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • The designer of the Dralthi

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Adam & Eve

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
The designer of the Dralthi, of course. If they were more then flying pancakes, they might have stood a chance.

Not.

The genius (who must have been a Terran insurgent) that tied up so many tonnes of Kilrathi shipping in the guise of the incapable Dralthi clearly deserves a medal for saving the human race.

*Falls over laughing*

EDIT: *Gets up*

Ahem, now, we must find the maker, and award him a medal. He will be richly rewarded.

Chances are, for his utter lack of competance in designing a ship that doesn't die so easily, he was forced to train and then fly in one, combat status. If my theory is correct, there are two possible outcomes:

1) he's not just dead, he's super dead.

2) he's the only known kilrathi who knew how to survive in a dralthi, and, as such, was challenged by someone out of jealousy and died in a duel, and is thus still dead.

3) (secret possibility) it was designed by a non-kilrathi (such as a Varni) in an attempt to sabotage the Kilrathi's war effort . . much like the malfunctioning torpedos in Action Stations. Of course, obviously having been caught in designing such a poor ship, was quickly given a dishonorable death (such as dissintigration . . or possibly being hunted and eaten as a prey beast) and is thus somewhere in between dead and super dead.

Sorry for the stupidity of that . . . too much frustration over my stupid modem.

I say that the Dralthi's designer was the first person sent out to test the fighter, but never came back to report the poor results. As a consequence, high command thought that it was a good idea to push them out there, since they were cheap to make...

And thus, Colonel Christopher Blair was elevated to the rank of 11th highest scoring ace on the TCSF rolls.

What do you all have against the pancake? I fly better in it then I do in the scimitor (WC1/SM2) because it is so flat. All a matter of properly aligning yourself to the enemy.

The Dralthis main problem when I was flying it was that even though it is extremely manuevrable, (more than even the rapier) if you took a missile up the ass, your dead

400 posts, all right

Pretty much. Hunter was right to call them deathtraps.

"You can't eject in a dralthi"

Nor can you outgun the seven or eight Hriss fighters that suddenly figured out you're an ape instead of a kitty. Sure, you can dance like a bumblefly, but you can't sting . . nor can you survive a sound stinging.

(EDIT) Yes, I mixed up "butterfly" and "bumblebee" on purpose.

Later studies eventually revealed that the Pinto had no special propensity for catching fire, nor was it designed any differently from any other rear-wheel-drive compacts of the day. In fact, it was actually safer than some in a rear-end collision. This libelous black mark upon its reputation is all that kept it from being regarded as the finest compact car of the era, even when compared to its vaunted Japanese competition.

The prototype of the Pinto was the safest compact in the world at the time but the safety buffer for the gas tank was removed from the production car to save cost.

Wow . . that was badass. Hell yeah!

That statement deserves a soundtrack . . . download "One Armed Man" by Project 86. That's a good soundtrack for such an badass statement.

Back