A question for the Standoff Team and HCI

Mjr. Whoopass

<FONT color=lightblue><B>I was going to say someth
I was getting ready to read the tutorial on modding through the Unknown Enemy link, when I realized the Standoff guys made a bunch of advances since then. Could some (one?) of you folks make an updated tutorial including those advances? It would be a shame for all your hard earned knowledge to go to waste. Maybe pass this along your email list?

Also, HCI, could you post something that sums up what you know about multiplayer so future modders can build on that knowledge?

Also, HCI, could you post something that sums up what you know about multiplayer so future modders can build on that knowledge?

I've actually asked him about this and there's some difficulty in doing so because it compromises the integrity of the system and the simulator scores.

I was getting ready to read the tutorial on modding through the Unknown Enemy link, when I realized the Standoff guys made a bunch of advances since then. Could some (one?) of you folks make an updated tutorial including those advances?
Learning with the UE tutorials is a great way to start off by mastering the basics. The "advances" made for Standoff are really a bunches of patches to help us code more funky stuff, you won't need it until you're able to build complex missions.

This being said, I do intend to release the up-to-date Standoff DLL source code after the release of Episode 5. Once it's done, I'll clean it up a bit, remove the scoreboard code and send it to HCl to be made available through his site, since the DLL is based on his original code.

Back