A few questions regarding Kevin Tolwyn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheart

Spaceman
Hi, everyone. This is my first post here; hopefully the first of many. :)

Anyway, I have a few q's about our friend Lone Wolf. Now, I know he was Geoffrey Tolwyn's nephew, he was featured often in several novels, and I believe the last time he is seen he is working for the Landreich, and the last thing I remember hearing about him is he was a commodore by 2680. I'm not sure how up-to-date that information is, but that's all I know.

Now, I just want to ask, was his family ever really developed--in other words, what were his parents' names, and did he have any siblings? Also, did he ever marry and have children of his own? Okay, so he's a commodore, but for which service? Did he follow his uncle back to the Confederation or did he spend the rest of his military years in the Landreich? And do any of you have any idea what life would have been like for him in the Confederation following the Black Lance Incident?

That's all I can think of for now. Kevin was always one of my favorite characters from the books, but I never really found out much information about him beyond what was given in the novels he was featured in...

He's fleet, commodre is always a fleet rank. And we think that he came back to the Confederation at one point, because in Action Stations it lists him as Confed.
I imagine that life would be hard for him after the Black Lance, and that everyone would be wary of him and his suggestions. Tolwyn is featured in FA, ER, and HOTT. The books don't really give us any info to go on for his personal life.

One might stand to reason, though, that his ideas would be influenced by his 'mentor', Jason Bondarevsky. In which case, he may have avoided romantic interests altogether, for fear of ending up with a Svetlana complex of his own. Plus, his aunt and cousins (G's wife and sons) were all killed by the cats . . . might reason to assume that seeing that would throw him off, too. I speculate that Kevin Tolwyn went into old age single and dedicated to duty.

Eh, I disagree. As one gets older, family becomes much more important to a person (plus its not like you can say "gee I think I'll try and fall in love now"). He may have not understood much about his uncle, but as he aged, I'm willing to bet his views about continuing the Tolwyn line may have meshed with his late uncles.

C-ya

Eh, viper, you may have a point. As the old saying goes "You don't choose who you fall in love with".

But, I still think that Kevin Tolwyn would be more likely have his career first, and then maybe a little nookie on the side.

Maybe you could consider going a full thread without mentioning sex or your homophobic views, overcompensation is not the answer to your problems/complexes.

C-ya

Viper61 said:
Maybe you could consider going a full thread without mentioning sex or your homophobic views

And perhaps you could let me get through an entire thread without trolling me, huh? I didn't even talk to you, asshole, and I didn't harrass/insult anyone to start with, so you had no provocation. I no longer start shit just for the hell of it. Maybe you should consider doing the same.

"C-ya"

You're all stupid.

Thank You,
TC

Lionheart, feel free to repost this thread if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back